Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are in negotiations to buy City Tower in the centre of Piccadilly for around £100m.

Some people flew in with an Etihad delegation last week.
Does it fit the close-enough-to-stadium-for-revenues-to-help-with-FFP criteria?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are in negotiations to buy City Tower in the centre of Piccadilly for around £100m.

When you say we do you mean the club or the Abu Dhabis and Etihad ?

blueparrot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It would seem a strange coincidence that it was City Tower, these talks are concerning?

Loads of chatter that the council approached us, so couldn't tell you who in the food chain it was kicked up to.

The delegation were also at the derby game.

Not sure how any purchase relates to FFPR?

Bluearmy said:
Matty said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Just a question

Say if the majority of ST holders decide to up sticks and take the £299 seats

That will leave a shed load of MEN circleable empty seats on the lower tier

I won't be moving incidentally

Err, no it won't.

The entire point of creating these extra seats is that there's the demand for them from fans who can't currently buy tickets for the games. If ST holders move to the £299 seats then those on the waiting list will buy up the seats they've moved from.

While this is hopefully the case, if thousands of the Current Season ticket holders take up the £299/Value season tickets in the new 3rd tier (I believe Season ticket holders will have first dibs). Will all those on the waiting list who have payed the £100 deposit, expecting a cheap season ticket, be willing to pay £600/£700 for those seats that have been left vacant by the Season ticket movers??

Im on the waiting list for 2015/2016 and have paid the £100, i was told there would be £299 tix available. I dont expect there to be any available though. I couldnt afford £600/£700 (travelling from Dublin) so if there isnt any available il be looking for a refund. Id imagine theres a lot of people on the same boat as me.

This City is ours,
this City is ours.......
We've bought your office, your apartment and car.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueparrot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It would seem a strange coincidence that it was City Tower, these talks are concerning?

Loads of chatter that the council approached us, so couldn't tell you who in the food chain it was kicked up to.

The cost of it could be written off as expenditure if they argue that it is relevant infrastructure spend but I think they would be pushing it.

The revenue, as long as it trades on the MCFC name is included wherever in the world it comes from.

But I dont see it as a City purchase do you?

Perhaps AD, perhaps AD non-sovereign?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueparrot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

If we can make more money out of renting/retail from it than we're taking off as a depreciation expense every year it'll be an increased profit/ reduced loss.

Could be Etihads new UK base? If they get there way they will be putting a lot of money into Manchester airport over the next 20 years so it is feasible, would be nice for them to play City videos on the side of the building everyday as well!

MCFC, CFG or indeed an AD related business buying that property makes no sense unless there is a larger deal in the offing.

The plans I was told about for the wider campus site include hundreds of thousands of square meters of office space as well as hotel rooms so this would be in competition with that surely?

Spitballing an idea here - MCFC buy City Tower and swap it for other MCC owned land/property adjacent (or more suitably situated) to the Campus?

Bringing in and spinning off land and property via the JV *could* make sense for tax/p and l reasons I suppose.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Help! - many years since I worked in centre of Manc. - Is City Tower the tall office block towering above Piccadilly Hotel as it was called - Then?- . You used to drive up to the entrance of the hotel , from a street at the back ,up a spiral concrete slope to 1st floor??.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.