Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

DiscoSteve said:
that's a very big space under that Asda roof that could be used for almost anything....

why demolish it?

Because it has an even bigger space above it.

gouldybob said:
DiscoSteve said:
that's a very big space under that Asda roof that could be used for almost anything....

why demolish it?

Lol

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BlueAnorak said:
Nailed on. Mark my words.

Waitrose-007.jpg

Manchester City. Enhancing the bourgeois fans' experience since 2008.

Please, We're up North - so if it will change it will be a Booths
thumb.php

Posher than Waitrose for sure - at cheaper prices!
Being (briefly) serious I've never heard of them before, which is a bit surpirising as my dad used to be in the grocery game. He's certainly never mentioned them. Impressive website. Looks like a really well run company at first glance. I never fail to learn something new on here. Thanks :-)

I am shocked, truly shocked.

You have never heard of Booths ?

Grocer to the gentry ?

I am now reevaluating your position as my role model.

Yours etc..

Disappointed of Manchester.

Booths are the dogs.....quality,healthy food.I'm particularly fond of their Clitheroe store.

Just wish there were more branches around the Manchester area.

Davs 19 said:
BlueAnorak said:
Please, We're up North - so if it will change it will be a Booths
thumb.php

Posher than Waitrose for sure - at cheaper prices!
Being (briefly) serious I've never heard of them before, which is a bit surpirising as my dad used to be in the grocery game. He's certainly never mentioned them. Impressive website. Looks like a really well run company at first glance. I never fail to learn something new on here. Thanks :-)

Grocer to the gentry ?

Yours etc..

Sorry to disappoint, Davs.

My dad's shops were in (inter alia): Hulme, Miles Platting & Moss Side. Accordingly I've always been a little more drawn towards the more...errr.....functional end of the grocery retail experience ;-)

I've even occasionally been known to shop at Tesco's in an emergency ;-)

Davs 19 said:

Grocer to the gentry ?

Yours etc..

Sorry to disappoint, Davs.

My dad's shops were in (inter alia): Hulme, Miles Platting & Moss Side. Accordingly I've always been a little more drawn towards the more...errr.....functional end of the grocery retail experience ;-)

I've even occasionally been known to shop at Tesco's in an emergency ;-)

With hindsight, I may have been a little hasty as I do very much admire your frequent forays into the world of the proletariat ;.)

gouldybob said:
DiscoSteve said:

why demolish it?

Ferrari world still won't fit chaps!

Just read that City have unequivocally denied any purchase of the Asda site...though cant find any evidence of that.
Not sure I buy the Asda central retail park move (it's a smaller plot and a fair distance from this store).

Its like a huge game of Cluedo this.
Mrs Panda in the Ferrari with a poisoned apple.

FantasyIreland said:
Booths are the dogs.....quality,healthy food.I'm particularly fond of their Clitheroe store.

Just wish there were more branches around the Manchester area.

Hale and Chorlton shortly. More of a super deli rather than a super market.

The best thing they sell is proper Cumberland Sausage - Just like what you get up in the Eden Valley - ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Non of this pretend rubbish that the other supermarkets try to palm palm off in imitation. It's so good my dad (aged 84) regularly gets two buses and travels for over an hour to buy some from Booths in Knutsford and is prepared to wait at Wilmslow bus station for an extra hour on the way back come rain or shine.
Real Cumberland Sausage - the crack cocaine of the sausage world.

Being (briefly) serious I've never heard of them before, which is a bit surprising as my dad used to be in the grocery game. He's certainly never mentioned them. Impressive website. Looks like a really well run company at first glance. I never fail to learn something new on here. Thanks :-)
FruitampVeg_zpsa01a051e.jpg

Branch opened next door to the BBC in Media City recently, absolutely the only place in town to purchase one's Cevenne onions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.