Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

I think the Sheikh would rather enjoy having a royal do it. :)

I also think it would be good for it to be done by someone notable who would attract attention, and I'd rather a royal than, say, a government minister looking to make political capital from it.

When we won the first PL it was the old guard who carried the trophy.

The second time it was the young players, the future of MCFC who did it.

There wasn't a royal anywhere to be seen.

I would imagine that the opening of the CFA would take a similar line of non-famous/royal person to cut the ribbon.

The club will surely want the focus on the facilities and not a star who cuts the ribbon? Maybe a local worthy person?

fbloke said:

I would imagine that the opening of the CFA would take a similar line of non-famous/royal person to cut the ribbon.

The club will surely want the focus on the facilities and not a star who cuts the ribbon? Maybe a local worthy person?

Get Jim Cassell and Paddy V to do it, signalling the transition between old and new.

fbloke said:

Agreed

dctid said:
fbloke said:

Agreed

Mike Summerbee..............??

Bluep*ss said:
dctid said:
fbloke said:

Agreed

Mike Summerbee..............??

Yes. City Royalty!

Albert Alexander senior started our first youth team(academy) in the 1920s. I wonder if we could track down the relatives of the first player that made the breakthrough to the first team. Does anybody even know who that is ? One for Gary James I think.
It would be nice if a descendant of the first ever player to come through the youth ranks could open the new academy.

If we're being casual about it then don't have anybody open it. Just fill out a Royal Mail redirection form and everyone can turn up to work at the new place the Monday after. For any journals that turn up we could staple a note on the front door saying where we've moved to.

After all it's no big deal and we'll be doing bigger things anyway, maybe bacon BARMS for the first 10 to arrive, or egg banjos for the vegetarians.

stony said:
Albert Alexander senior started our first youth team(academy) in the 1920s. I wonder if we could track down the relatives of the first player that made the breakthrough to the first team. Does anybody even know who that is ? One for Gary James I think.
It would be nice if a descendant of the first ever player to come through the youth ranks could open the new academy.
Sounds like a great idea but to be fair many players in the earliest years would have come through the club's ranks in some way and so, although Albert created the b team before then young lads may have been part of the reserve set up. Personally, I'd get Eric Alexander to open it to recognise his family's significance in our history. Often underrated but always delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.