Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

lancs blue said:
whp.blue said:
How about the fan who has held a season ticket the longest? small payback for decades of disappointment.

They'd have no idea who that was, records for a number of years during the Swales era were in handwritten ledgers which were binned at some point.

petrusha said:
I don't have inside knowledge, but my hunch would be Prince William. He's President of the FA, and I think that Mansour has the kind of clout that makes this kind of thing a realistic prospect.

I'd rather have Platini doing it than some royal flunky, at least we'd get the pleasure of watching him squirm.

They could just ask fans to submit their case and it would make a good story if they put a few in the programme etc

lancs blue said:
whp.blue said:
How about the fan who has held a season ticket the longest? small payback for decades of disappointment.

They'd have no idea who that was, records for a number of years during the Swales era were in handwritten ledgers which were binned at some point.
Every time the annual accounts were due wasn't it?

If they want me to do only too happy and my fees would be reasonable.

How about the oldest surviving ex-player?

I would love to see Alan Oakes brought back into the City fold at some time too but sadly I think that ship has sailed :-(

Am I right in thinking that the indoor pitch at the CFA has temperature/humidity control?

The England team have been training in layers of jumpers so they obviously don't have they facility at St Georges Park. I wonder if England will want to train at City before other warm climate games, like Qatar

Quick question, when does the stadium expansion actually begin? And when will it be finished?

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Quick question, when does the stadium expansion actually begin? And when will it be finished?

Already started with Phase 1 nearly complete guess that Phase 2 has started open season 15/16

Phase 1 – Enabling works
 Site establishment, including removal of fencing to the rear of the South Stand and removal of 2no. trees to allow access.
 Undergrounds services relocations (from foot print of new stands subject to separate planning application).
Phase 2 – Substructure works
 Sub structure works (piling and foundations externally and internally) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phase 3 – Advanced works (close season)
 Deconstruction of legends lounge and other works at box level
 Temporary propping and jacking to allow cutting back of existing roof
 New Steelwork and concrete slab up to level one to form a protected route for the public
 Installation of front row of columns for the new tier
 Erection of the Tower Cranes
 Relocation of pitch side services ready for additional seating
Phase 4 – Main Construction works
 Super structure – New structural steel frame and metal decking slabs
 Ground floor slab including drainage and service ducts
 Inner bowl precast terracing
 Roofing structure and coverings
 External envelope
 MEP installations
 Internal fit out
 Adjustment to the rear of the existing terrace

 Formation of additional rows of seating pitch side External works
Phase 5 - Completion works (Final close season)
 Closed season works (existing roof removal and terrace completion)  Testing and Commissioning

IMHO John Wardle should open the CFA This man saved the club twice without any fanfare or fuss, quietly did what was needed. Without John the club would have gone bankrupt, he's a normal fan and it's about time he got some public recognition for what he did

gordondaviesmoustache said:
jrb said:
This is what the whole site looked like before the 2002 Commonwealth Games brought about the transformation.

images
I spent the first 18 months of my life in one of those flats at the bottom of that photo.
I spent the worst 18 months of my life in one of those flats at the bottom of that photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.