Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Marvin said:
kramer said:
Marvin said:
What will happen at the Etihad between now and August? Foundations?

Do you think we'll notice anything different inside the ground when we return in August, other than maybe a big crane hovering overhead? The last row on the South Stand 2nd tier is going at some point

Its all in here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23674406/Etihad Expansion Logistics1.pdf

Phase 1 – Enabling works

Site establishment, including removal of fencing to the rear of the South Stand and removal
of 2no. trees to allow access.

Undergrounds services relocations (from foot print of new stands subject to separate
planning application).

Phase 2 – Substructure works

Sub structure works (piling and foundations externally and internally)

Phase 3 – Advanced works (close season)

Deconstruction of legends lounge and other works at box level

Temporary propping and jacking to allow cutting back of existing roof

New Steelwork and concrete slab up to level one to form a protected route for the public

Installation of front row of columns for the new tier

Erection of the Tower Cranes

Relocation of pitch side services ready for additional seating

Phase 4 – Main Construction works

Super structure – New structural steel frame and metal decking slabs

Ground floor slab including drainage and service ducts

Inner bowl precast terracing

Roofing structure and coverings

External envelope

MEP installations

Internal fit out

Adjustment to the rear of the existing terrace

Formation of additional rows of seating pitch side

External works

Phase 5 - Completion works (Final close season)

Closed season works (existing roof removal and terrace completion)

Testing and Commissioning
Thanks Kramer.

I knew I had seen it somewhere.

Interesting to see that preliminary work on pitch-side seats starts soon

Some reports keep quoting just the two ends, and a stadium capacity of 60k, but looks like we are going up to 62k.

The info is from a document that was part of the planning application so doesn't confirm when the pitch-side seats will be done, just the relocation of services. The planning permission is valid for a numbers of years

GXCity said:
Shaelumstash said:
Has anyone got any more info on Asda re-locating? If this is indeed happening, surely the only possible explanation is that we are buying the plot to build on? There's no way they would shut down a perfectly profitable store that is 10 years old to move two miles down the road unless there was a huge incentive to do so.

Why would anyone else pay over the odds for that plot? There's plenty of land to develop in the surrounding area for housing / commercial property or whatever. Surely the only party that would pay over the odds for that plot is us because it is potentially strategically so important to us if we do indeed end up developing a huge attraction on the collar site.

Be interested to know if GX could confirm / not deny? ;-)

I was always told that Asda wouldn't budge even though City wanted it. However, I am now hearing that this maybe happening now. Not sure on the credibility of the source though as it is from within Asda and not the club. I'll see what I can dig up

Cloud cuckoo land mate ;-)

GXCity said:
Shaelumstash said:
Has anyone got any more info on Asda re-locating? If this is indeed happening, surely the only possible explanation is that we are buying the plot to build on? There's no way they would shut down a perfectly profitable store that is 10 years old to move two miles down the road unless there was a huge incentive to do so.

Why would anyone else pay over the odds for that plot? There's plenty of land to develop in the surrounding area for housing / commercial property or whatever. Surely the only party that would pay over the odds for that plot is us because it is potentially strategically so important to us if we do indeed end up developing a huge attraction on the collar site.

Be interested to know if GX could confirm / not deny? ;-)

I was always told that Asda wouldn't budge even though City wanted it. However, I am now hearing that this maybe happening now. Not sure on the credibility of the source though as it is from within Asda and not the club. I'll see what I can dig up

Thanks mate.

Expect the land to change hands from the city council to the city / council JV whatever happens with Asda .

I find it hard to imagine how they'll even develop the East and CB stands.

It'll be a nightmare with the spirals and roof.

ManCityX said:

Wasn't it quoted in one of the design documents that the spirals were considered inefficient for the mass movement of people. Maybe they'll go if we do expand each side.

gouldybob said:
ManCityX said:

Wasn't it quoted in one of the design documents that the spirals were considered inefficient for the mass movement of people. Maybe they'll go if we do expand each side.

That's exactly the feeling I got, based on nothing more than intuition and gut instinct.

No new photos ?

momo88 said:
No new photos ?

Next weekend(Bank Holiday), depending on the weather.

It's only been 3 weeks since the last update, so I'll give it another week(4 weeks/1 month)

Not only that, it means the training academy will be deserted, and I can take pictures at my leisure, and without being watched and questioned.(at times)

Think I might take the step ladders this time. ;-)

gouldybob said:
ManCityX said:

I believe they're being replaced by escalators going up and log flumes for coming back down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.