Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

Conn by name and con by nature.
Once again this so called City fan belittles our Owner by his constant whinging via media outlets to show his own personal vendetta for his own "hidden agenda".
Was this the guy who claimed "City had lost its soul" when our magnificent Owner decided that City could move forward and upwards in the footballing world.
Not only allowing us to purchase some of the finest world class players that we now have,but also his vision and money have seen the clubs profile raised to a level that after 50+ years of watching my Blues,I for one never dreamt that I would ever see and certainly I could not see them win a trophy of any kind again after 44 years in the footballing wilderness.
Conn,you do NOT speak for or on behalf of the thousands of fans who not only welcomed our wonderful Owner,but we thank him from the bottom of our hearts for his vision and foresight in making Manchester City FC and East Manchester a hot bed of success and a legacy that will never be forgotten by True Blues.

AnkzCT32 said:
blueinsa said:
Manchester1894 said:
It's the main article on the football section however the highlights are:

Love it. Small time c**ts who fill their empty lives by attaching themselves to what was once but no more, guaranteed success as a way of making themelves feel better and important are having the rug pulled from under them lol.

Normally id show some compassion but to these rag c**ts.....never.

Hope every single second of what is about to happen hurts like fuck, c**ts!

They're right you know. The owners of our club should be ashamed of themselves and learn from theirs and invest all the earnings and profits earned from the club back into it and also a small part of their own money so that the club can grow bigger and better every year.

Oh Wait!

Maybe the guardian should have informed HMRC when they ran the Trafford Rangers Tax dodging story in 2012:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/nov/25/manchester-united-tax-glazer-brothers

Maybe Osborne should have gone to Trafford and demanded some money whilst he was in Manchester the other day.

In another point:
Trafford Rangers' profit in 2013-2014 - £ 23,9 million
City loss 2013-2014 - £ 23 million.

Take off the £ 16 million fine from Ueafa and that's around a loss of £ 7 million for City. Thus a difference of some £ 30 million between City and Utd (perhaps the price of 1 good player these days), add to that Utds' tax dodging and Tarfford are sweating so much because things are getting much closer than they want for their comfort.

The accounts in 1 years time will be interesting.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
I've just been having a chat with our David on Twitter...he's less than impressed with my assessment of his article ;-)

Did you ask him mate,why he had to show a pitiful 10% was only put into the Community and what the fuck had Sergios transfer had to do in the greater scheme of things ?
You can pass on my message to him "Fuck you Conn".

Rather than having a dig at City for 'only' investing £20m in to the local community (on top of the £4m pa we pay), shouldn't he be looking at what other clubs are doing instead?

oakiecokie said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
I've just been having a chat with our David on Twitter...he's less than impressed with my assessment of his article ;-)

Did you ask him mate,why he had to show a pitiful 10% was only put into the Community and what the fuck had Sergios transfer had to do in the greater scheme of things ?

The guy is trying to bring his politics into it...at the end of the day the Sheikh has totally transformed East Manchester's landscape and if you're a City fan...or even just someone who lives in Manchester...you can do nothing but applaud what he has done

Hell...even Ragcafe are struggling to find fault

IanBishopsHaircut said:
oakiecokie said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

The guy is trying to bring his politics into it...at the end of the day the Sheikh has totally transformed East Manchester's landscape and if you're a City fan...or even just someone who lives in Manchester...you can do nothing but applaud what he has done

Hell...even Ragcafe are struggling to find fault

That's how I see it. I can't quite grasp what he means with his parting shot about the "north of England" being way behind UAE seeing as the whole country has record debts.

My thinking behind David Conn and his very off outlook for a City fan is as follows.

He decided after the take over that all that was wrong with football as he saw it was money. He believed the hype around 'Arab oil money' just buying every player in sight. Thought we'd just be like a football game in a cheat mode.
Something we were all being told would certainly happen. The notion was widespread, we'd keep buying till we won everything.

Whilst for a few months that did seem likely, and during the time we were being linked with almost anyone John Terry and Wayne Rooney included I did question weather this City was the one I'd spent my teenage years following throughout the footballing out posts of England.

My guess David Conn had decided just a little too early that Sheikh Mansour and his money was the beginning of the end for football as he knew it. My bet he was believing the poor quality journalism we have all defended our club against. He bought the money is evil, no good can come of this.

So now, when it's painfully obvious that big bad City are not what people were fearing. They all thought City would be a 5 year play thing, spend £500 million win everything and move on. They or most of the hacks and so called experts are now beginning to see what is really happening. This will be admired at first, but just as it slowly dawned on people we weren't just 'mega bucks' City, buying everyone and anyone it will slowly dawn on folk that this City is growing into a super club. Bigger and stronger than they imagined.

David Conn, obviously fell into the trap that many did, and thought we'd just spend for spendings sake and create success through short term thinking.

We haven't done this, we're building a global super club. Something Conn doesn't wish to admit, as it will be admitting he got it so badly wrong in the first place.

He is now effectively cutting his nose off to spite his face so to speak.

Who in their right mind, let alone a Mancunian City fan would try and discredit what we are doing. I understand the bitter ignorant media, experts and well frankly idiotic public not understanding, wanting to find fault. But a City fan?

Only an idiot would say that giving £20 million in handouts is not good enough. Yes we could have given more. We could also have given nothing.

David Conn has gone too far down the road of Sheikh Mansour is bad to turn back and his subsequent ramblings just highlight a bitterness, not about City, or Mansour but his own misjudgement.

moomba said:
I wonder what percentage of the Guardians spending went to charitable causes?

Very little I imagine. They've been running up annual losses of between £30m and £50m per year for the last 5 years or so.

Hopefully Conn will be a victim of their next cost-cutting drive.

'Only £20M' for the love of God! Just think about that statement. Is it me or is £20M not, still, an awful lot of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.