Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked past it on Friday night. Looks mightily impressive from the street. The extra level really gives it the towering presence you get from other big stadiums in Europe . Still looked far from complete, although i suspect the things that make it look far from finished can actually be finished rather quickly

louvres are being put back in I believe in that big space in each corner behind where the big screens will go

The new lights also conform to the new standards set out by UEFA for Champions League competition.

The previous standard was 1400 lux and the new spec is 1500 lux. In addition you need much higher levels for HD and 3D TV and this was probably not enough for us to get considered for hosting Europa league finals (platini wants > 70K capacity for CL final).

Note for comparison Wembley has > 2600 lux and daylight (a bright, not sunny day) is 10,000 lux
I think the new lighting needs to be easily controllable for whatever function the stadium is being used for.

That's what I've found anyway. Have all the 3D prem games been daylight games and if not how noticeable is the difference under floodlights?

The previous standard was 1400 lux and the new spec is 1500 lux. In addition you need much higher levels for HD and 3D TV and this was probably not enough for us to get considered for hosting Europa league finals (platini wants > 70K capacity for CL final).

Note for comparison Wembley has > 2600 lux and daylight (a bright, not sunny day) is 10,000 lux
I think the new lighting needs to be easily controllable for whatever function the stadium is being used for.

That's what I've found anyway. Have all the 3D prem games been daylight games and if not how noticeable is the difference under floodlights?

Out of curiosity, are you saying City's new lighting will be 1500 lux, or that's the minimum required standard now (which we will exceed) - which begs the second question - what will our new figure be?
I'm guessing this is at pitch level right?

We hosted the UEFA cup/Europa League final in 2008.

Fanchester... Don't know what new spec is but someone on here will have probably seen it. Yes that's at pitch level.

Carlos.... Yes, that was 2008 and HD TV was only just about available in Italy and nowhere else at the time. I meant we would prob not be considered for future finals without the upgrade.

Fanchester... Don't know what new spec is but someone on here will have probably seen it. Yes that's at pitch level.

Carlos.... Yes, that was 2008 and HD TV was only just about available in Italy and nowhere else at the time. I meant we would prob not be considered for future finals without the upgrade.
Right fair enough mate.

I would guess there's plenty of headroom left in the Lux for a new lighting system, we surely won't have gone for a bare minimum standard.
The stuff for HD cameras will almost certainly be because the HD cams won't perform as well in dim light without introducing a load of noise as they up the gain / sensitivity. By the time they get that technology fixed, they'll be doing 4K and need more light again!

Sadly we'll struggle to compete with Anfield's 38K candle power. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.