Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to buy 2 or 3 together last Monday and it tried to put them all over the top deck. Clicking 'seats together' returned no results found or similar. No help when one of thems a child. pity really, we were up for going and doing our bit.

Whilst looking through Desso's pictures saw this one of the West Ham stadium.. not sure if the floodlights are staying there or if they are moving back to where they were? Far away pitch though. Very Serie A.
Before:
mark-chivers-the-finishing-line-of-the-athletics-track-inside-the-olympic-stadium-london-england-uk.jpg

After:
CLzdB8WWsAA41kC.jpg:large
When they pull the bottom tier seats out to be nearer the pitch, there is a 15m gap between the back of the lower tier and the front of the second tier.

It seems like a bloody peculiar stadium to me, thank God for the Etihad.

Even if the safety test fails for whatever reason, including a lack of numbers turning up on Wednesday night, there will still be people sat in SS3 for the Chelsea game. The Chelsea fans with tickets for that tier will still be allowed to sit there. So will all City season card holders who have not been asked to select another seat elsewhere in the stadium. Only some or all of those City season card holders who have been asked to select another seat will relocate depending on what issues Wednesday night throws up. If people do have to relocate then the Chelsea game effectively becomes the full test event.

The bottom line is simply to encourage as many blues as possible to attend on Wednesday night to help get that safety certificate so that everyone who has a season ticket or is on the Chelsea waiting list gets to the game & can cheer the team on against probably our biggest title rivals. I know other issues may affect people's ability to attend on Wednesday but if the relevant numbers don't attend then it won't be deemed to be a valid test event & we won't have a full stadium against Chelsea.

Even if the safety test fails for whatever reason, including a lack of numbers turning up on Wednesday night, there will still be people sat in SS3 for the Chelsea game. The Chelsea fans with tickets for that tier will still be allowed to sit there. So will all City season card holders who have not been asked to select another seat elsewhere in the stadium. Only some or all of those City season card holders who have been asked to select another seat will relocate depending on what issues Wednesday night throws up. If people do have to relocate then the Chelsea game effectively becomes the full test event.

The bottom line is simply to encourage as many blues as possible to attend on Wednesday night to help get that safety certificate so that everyone who has a season ticket or is on the Chelsea waiting list gets to the game & can cheer the team on against probably our biggest title rivals. I know other issues may affect people's ability to attend on Wednesday but if the relevant numbers don't attend then it won't be deemed to be a valid test event & we won't have a full stadium against Chelsea.

Are you a club spokesperson?

That's quite an officious statement

Ha ha no mate. Just a humble supporter with a bit too much time on my hands before travelling to West Brom tonight. The info's been alluded to already on various threads by others.

Seem to remember Liverpool having a issue when they put the second tier on the Anfield Road stand, at a pre season friendly the visiting Celtic fans were bouncing around and the top tier started to shake. I may have got it wrong but was the top tier closed until mods were made?

Olympic Stadium...............

There was a programme on BBC News last week - about 12-30am(after midnight) - there seems to be a bit of controversy about how little WHU are paying towards the cost -
there has been a new roof added to keep the rain off the seats trackside - and the lights are as your second pic. They are going to have retractable seats on the athletics track.- and the capacity is to be 54,000. It would appear that the owners of WHU - Gold + another - were quite canny in putting their bid in - they say they have no plans to sell - but in a few years time they could make millions -££££££'s.selling to a very wealthy owner.The taxpayer seems to be funding a lot of the renovation work.
The Etihad was mentioned - in a favourable light - with their deal with Manchester City Council.- following the conversion from the Commonwealth Games Stadium.

Rang the ticket office to get my card activated for the test event.

Told me they are definitely not activating cards. Would have been a good idea to have them tested at this event imo and would be very convenient.

Told me that they are only issuing paper tickets. I said my mates had been ordered but not received.

He said id have to try and buy a ticket on the day and my mate would have to get a duplicate issued if not received tomorrow morning (mate works in town and won't have time to treck back home on Wesnesday if received then).

It feels like they are making it as hard as possible to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.