Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there's a "may be" there... how about "will be"
I was thinking about this though, if, and its a big if, work starts on the North Stand after the RWC game, they will have to move those big LG screens in the North Stand out of the way to do the work - where better to put them than in the corners of the South Stand? Then we continue with the two screens at that end until the North Stand is done and ready to take the third and fourth new screens. Just a thought.

It will be interesting to see what they do. I think the owners want to showcase the stadium as much as possible and especially during the Rugby World Cup. You'd have the entire SS upper tier not being able to see the screen if they moved the both over from the NS. It wouldn't bother me too much but may be an issue for others and for the club. For that reason I think we will have 4 screens as soon as they can get them fitted.

The NS screens are probably due an upgrade by now anyway. Most tv's are old tech after a year!

I'm probably totally wrong but that's my guess. :)

So is today the last day? As the open training session is tomorrow.

Once the training session has taken place they will have until Friday to do more work as we train in the stadium the day before...

So is today the last day? As the open training session is tomorrow.
Tomorrow night I fully expect to have to hold a paint pot as a decorator finishes off the gloss on the door frames before the training sessions kicks off ;-)

i was sat on front row at wba last night with 2 mates. before we got to ground they were moaning about the 'shit seats' we were in.....ive sat there before and said they were good seats...you are close up and see the game diferent. within a few minutes of the match starting, they both said the seats were great!. The wba seats were below pitch level...all beit not as below as the new city seats.

A bit off topic, but do United still play on a hill?

Not noticed it too much recently, but I remember for years, when the ball went out of play there, the players would have to descend down a 2-3 foot mound to retrieve it!

A bit off topic, but do United still play on a hill?

Not noticed it too much recently, but I remember for years, when the ball went out of play there, the players would have to descend down a 2-3 foot mound to retrieve it!
Always amazed me they used to call their training ground the Cliff when it would have been more apt for the Swamp.
I can never understand how thw pitch at the swamp passes a risk assessment with that drop.

Some people prefer being closer to the action than others, and care about reading the game less (I'm the complete opposite). I think the appeal of being within farting distance of Joe Hart will sell those seats.
Particularly for tourists. The one-off daytrippers won't care about the view if they can take some decent photos and get their faces on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.