Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sign of prices coming down. Chelsea game was all good though. Hoping the excitement and enjoyment levels remain. Watford might be a very different game with different expectations.

I would love City to expand the North Stand end and don't mind how it's done but if at all possible we should avoid losing seats during the season, and we have already shown this is possible
£39 for Watford which I think is cheaper than any matchday prices for league games last year, so they have come down a bit.

Has anyone got any idea when the North Stand expansion will start ?
The guys running the project want to do it straight away so that they don't lose what they've learnt doing the south stand.

The club are deciding whether to go ahead or wait and see how ticket sales go before making a decision.

earliest date in original plans was October 2015 - but I think its pretty clear the club want a whole season of 50,000+ to be certain - so my guess for a North Stand start would be October 2016

earliest date in original plans was October 2015 - but I think its pretty clear the club want a whole season of 50,000+ to be certain - so my guess for a North Stand start would be October 2016
I'd have thought if it's not this October they would start next summer rather than october so that it wasn't quite so tight getting finished for the start of the season 18 /19

The only reason October 2015 was mentioned was because of the Rugby WC game this season, so if its not started right away, I doubt they'd start a major build as we start a winter, best time to start it is the spring, less chance of early weather delays, if it started next April, it would be ready for the start of 2017/18.

The only reason October 2015 was mentioned was because of the Rugby WC game this season, so if its not started right away, I doubt they'd start a major build as we start a winter, best time to start it is the spring, less chance of early weather delays, if it started next April, it would be ready for the start of 2017/18.
Wasn't the South started October 2013 ready for 15/16 so starting April 2016 wouldn't be ready for 17/18 .

From my (albeit fading) memory, I think the ground prep work was, but they only did a few weeks of that, then started the main build in the spring just before the end of the season.
If that's right,then I suppose they could do the same again, the only difference is they would need to relocate city square. Though when I looked on Sunday I did wonder if they could get away with just moving the stage and keep the shop, bar and cafe where they are.

Lets see what the crowds are like for Watford, midweek games and Cups.
I'd disagree and say build it anyway. Who cares about a few empty seats for the less meaningful games when we can get an extra 6,000 in when it matters most! Also it would contribute to significantly cheaper tickets for all us regulars if there was a higher supply - that's why Barca can sell a season ticket for 90Euro's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.