Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing 12k to gain 6k makes no logical sense at all, when you can lose none and gain 6k, that way you don't have any loss to make up.
All depends on what the long term desire is.
Losing 12K for one season in order to get 18K every season thereafter and with the design you want, vs some other design that where you don't lose the 12K? I'd take the former option.
It all comes down to the actual design they want (and can achieve). But a loss of 12K for a season isn't a deal breaker in my opinion, especially if most of the 12K could take up many of the general sale tickets anyway.

Personally, I'd be happy with a repeat of the South Stand, but if people want a 'wall' effect, then it opens up another can of worms regarding it being a family stand (which doesn't really tie in with a 'wall' type effect.

I can't see how there is any other option, without reducing crowds significantly, and they're not about to do that. You can build a new tier behind the other two, no reason why you can't extend the current second one in just the same way. The south stand was cleverly done, the north will be equally clever, just do away with corporate area between the two levels, and make it into seats.

I'm not convinced we need to change the dynamics of where the singers are again, its only one home game, but the signs on Sunday were very good that we now have an area full of people who want to sing. Keep the prices down, similar to the south, and we'll get back lots of fans who have been priced out too, and they will generate more noise.

we have what maybe 4,000 city fans stood up next to the away fans singing. if we had one huge end we could potentially have about 18,000 people stood up and singing. Its a no brainer for me. We need to think long term and having that many people potentially with safe standing. I dont think we can pass up an opportunity like that to improve the atmosphere and make us have one of the best stadiums in england.

2vlvfir.jpg

imagine having that at the etihad, season tickets cheap and full of singing city fans. it would be amazing. we could move most of the season tickets in the north stand to general ticket areas.

If they did it that way (I'm not convinced they will myself but it is possible) then the ST holders would take the Match day seats I'd have thought.
Yeah, I think that would be the best option IF it came to that.
But the South Stand extension went really well, so I can see that being a big plus for doing the same again (and it would possibly be a little quicker second time around if the same team worked on it).
We could end up like the Forth Bridge!... by the time we get all three remaining sides down, the South Stand will be ready for expansion again (only joking!).

No sign of prices coming down.
Our prices have reduced if you were willing to move seats, and nearly 6000 benefited directly this season, not to mention those who have moved to areas vacated by those who moved into the south stand extension, who could also have benefited financially.

Headline prices went up, yes, but what City did was quite clever, do the same in the north stand, and we'll have a significant section of very cheap season tickets, whilst also having some very expensive seats as well.

The south stand extension seems to have filled up with mainly males between 15 and 50, who are likely to make noise, there weren't many women, and even less kids (saw very few young ones at all). In fact there appeared to be lots of groups of mates, who have relocated together, making it much more like an away stand.

These fans are the ones we were losing because they were being priced out. When the north is finished, its unlikely we'll have another 6000 relocating, so the new seats will be available to those who no longer go. I know plenty who would take a back row seat for £299, or even mid stand seats at £380. There will also be further opportunity for groups of mates to move to sit together, new or old.

We don't need a single tier stand (however good it looks), we just need to carry on what we are doing, and there's a place for everyone.

Or they could be looking at build the new kop - top down so the new seats at the back are in place before they dismantle the North lower tier to the same rake. That way our capacity never drops below 54 during construction works.

As I have said - many options under review.
That's a possibility, but it would be quite difficult logistically I would think, they'd have to start by building a new roof structure, then removing the old one, then building terracing, I suspect it would take a lot longer to achieve.

I really can't see the benefit of a "kop" type stand personally, and whilst its only one game so far, they've achieved more than just new seats imho with a three level south stand, a two level north stand will do the same if the prices are kept at sensible levels for the new seats.

Our prices have reduced if you were willing to move seats, and nearly 6000 benefited directly this season, not to mention those who have moved to areas vacated by those who moved into the south stand extension, who could also have benefited financially.

Headline prices went up, yes, but what City did was quite clever, do the same in the north stand, and we'll have a significant section of very cheap season tickets, whilst also having some very expensive seats as well.

The south stand extension seems to have filled up with mainly males between 15 and 50, who are likely to make noise, there weren't many women, and even less kids (saw very few young ones at all). In fact there appeared to be lots of groups of mates, who have relocated together, making it much more like an away stand.

These fans are the ones we were losing because they were being priced out. When the north is finished, its unlikely we'll have another 6000 relocating, so the new seats will be available to those who no longer go. I know plenty who would take a back row seat for £299, or even mid stand seats at £380. There will also be further opportunity for groups of mates to move to sit together, new or old.

We don't need a single tier stand (however good it looks), we just need to carry on what we are doing, and there's a place for everyone.

That's a possibility, but it would be quite difficult logistically I would think, they'd have to start by building a new roof structure, then removing the old one, then building terracing, I suspect it would take a lot longer to achieve.

I really can't see the benefit of a "kop" type stand personally, and whilst its only one game so far, they've achieved more than just new seats imho with a three level south stand, a two level north stand will do the same if the prices are kept at sensible levels for the new seats.

thats a great point i keep reading on here how we have to attract all these new fans, but we have thousands of proper city fans who would come back if prices were cheaper. most of them young lads who have been priced out, basically our crowd demographic would go back to what it used to be, young and working class.

we have what maybe 4,000 city fans stood up next to the away fans singing. if we had one huge end we could potentially have about 18,000 people stood up and singing. Its a no brainer for me. We need to think long term and having that many people potentially with safe standing. I dont think we can pass up an opportunity like that to improve the atmosphere and make us have one of the best stadiums in england.

2vlvfir.jpg

imagine having that at the etihad, season tickets cheap and full of singing city fans. it would be amazing. we could move most of the season tickets in the north stand to general ticket areas.
We don't have that capacity, english football fans are quite different in mentality to german football fans imho, we'd never fill 18000 with singers. Lets see how this season pans out atmosphere wise, I don't think Sunday was a one off.

Also there is no chance of the authorities allowing unreserved seating in the PL imho.

We don't have that capacity, english football fans are quite different in mentality to german football fans imho, we'd never fill 18000 with singers. Lets see how this season pans out atmosphere wise, I don't think Sunday was a one off.

Also there is no chance of the authorities allowing unreserved seating in the PL imho.

i dont think there is especially if tickets are cheap like they used to be. If we had everything they had in germany i think our atmosphere would be better. maybe not unreserved seating but say groups of 20 + would be ideal like in the new blocks. it would be my dream, but we will see one stand or one huge second tier both sound good to me

even if we didn't have 18,000 singers it would still be good

When the North Stand is expanded there is presumably also an opportunity to incorporate the City shop and maybe other facilities into the stadium ? I assume there would be more space to do this sort of thing on the North side compared to the south because there's more space as well (i.e there isn't a road to worry about).

However it evolves, these are exciting times !

They're not going to close the North stand to build an extension, you don't increase capacity, then decrease it again 2 years later.

There won't be one tier there will be two, the second tier will just be expanded, as per the drawing a few pages back, no need to close anything that way, it will be done in the same way the south stand has been done, just a slightly different design.
Wonder if they could build it like Liverpool's new tk max stand is being built ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.