Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's paying for them (let alone the sidings!)? You do realise that the metrolink system is stretched almost to capacity at peak times so for night games you would have no chance of "loads" of trams being available just to sit in sidings and there isn't that much slack at weekends either.

As for the wonders of the Allianz Arena, on my last visit there I was queuing for around 45 minutes just to get on the metro platform after the game. Last time I used our metrolink I was back in Piccadilly station in less time than that after the final whistle and I didn't have to leave early either. There's a limit to how fast you can shift 50,000+ bodies after any event, there will always be a significant waiting time unless you set off walking.

A heavy rail station behind the Athletics Arena would be great but upgrading what I believe is currently a freight-only line to carry passenger traffic plus the cost of re-connecting the line with the main line into Piccadilly would be a fairly major infrastructure project not too dissimilar to the Ordsall Chord which is costing close to £100m and has a far better business case than carrying football fans once a fortnight!
Yep, one and half hours back to a central hotel.

How would you put up gates when the stop is wide open. Have you ever been to the stop?

It would cost a fortune to fence off the station and would not be able to keep people out as they could walk along the track. This would not be possible at the Etihad stop which is grade separated.

And it would be zero help to anyone. Stupid idea.
Anything is possible and looking at the stop there is a path between the eastern platform and Asda that could used as a holding area, ticket guards stopping people from "walking up the tracks". So if Metrolink can find people to steward people at Piccadilly station & Piccadilly Gardens then after the match they could find some to do the same at the Velodrome stop!

Last edited:
My brother has a narrow boat, it will probably take 20 (they will have to hang on tight mind, 4mph is the speed limit, but there is a risk of drowning) I can see a business opportunity here!!

I was in a pub down Deansgate a couple of years ago somewhere near The Ox and there was a flyposter on the wall offering barge travel to the swamp.

Maybe run a City one with beer and result full barge.

BM while you're here, off topic, is it true four fire engines were sent to assist in a health issue incident because it was unsure which of the crew could perform CPR ?
I've not heard of this but we are now responding to what the ambulance term Red 1s that is unconscious not breathing, it's supposed to be for cardiac arrests, what I will say is the system they have in place for sending us is not the best at the moment, however all crews are trained in CPR so the only reason I can think 4 would be sent is a break down in communication, we are supposed to be going as back up for NWAS, however it seems to have grown arms and legs already as many thought it would.
Where did you hear about this?

I've not heard of this but we are now responding to what the ambulance term Red 1s that is unconscious not breathing, it's supposed to be for cardiac arrests, what I will say is the system they have in place for sending us is not the best at the moment, however all crews are trained in CPR so the only reason I can think 4 would be sent is a break down in communication, we are supposed to be going as back up for NWAS, however it seems to have grown arms and legs already as many thought it would.
Where did you hear about this?
Lady who's husband is in the brigade in north Manchester, it was about 3/4 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.