Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we build a new better stadium? Of course, but sometimes we forget that the Etihad is still a very good stadium and it will be great when the new North Stand is built.

I read a few comments from people who went to the Stone Roses gigs and they were saying how they bumped into some scousers who were making their first visit to the stadium and they were going on about how impressive it was.

It's one of the best in England, some people just like moaning for the sake of it.

Slightly off current topic, but just watching the athletics on the box which is coming from the Olympic stadium, West Hams new home, and can't see how this will look as a football stadium, they will put retractable seating over the running track behind each end behind the goals but fans are still going to be miles away from the pitch . Just doesn't look like a football stadium. The Etihad was built as football stadium that would be used as athletic stadium for the Commenwealth games during construction and then finished off as a football ground, think that the Olympic stadium will look like an athletics stadium that will be used for football. From what I can see from the tv even when West Ham put their football banners and dressing to the interior it still won't look like a football ground.

Slightly off current topic, but just watching the athletics on the box which is coming from the Olympic stadium, West Hams new home, and can't see how this will look as a football stadium, they will put retractable seating over the running track behind each end behind the goals but fans are still going to be miles away from the pitch . Just doesn't look like a football stadium. The Etihad was built as football stadium that would be used as athletic stadium for the Commenwealth games during construction and then finished off as a football ground, think that the Olympic stadium will look like an athletics stadium that will be used for football. From what I can see from the tv even when West Ham put their football banners and dressing to the interior it still won't look like a football ground.

Here's how it looks with the seats pushed closer to the pitch.

image.png

So I'm one of several who has received the relocation letter. It has a lot to do with the stadium development around 126/127 from what I can gather of the letter:

• Connected hospitality experience to the dressing room.
  • Development of media facilities in the stadium bowl and internal area
The letter said that development will begin in July 2016 and will run over the course of 13 months. I wonder how these developments will look. I was in low 127 before moving to high 126 to avoid the rain, I'm surprised hospitality is earmarked for a soaking experience unless they're thinking of extending the CB roof?

It will probably be an enclosed area with glass roof and walls to keep out the riff-raff!

It's an ugly stadium isn't it? Football or athletics; it looks terrible. I've thought that since it was built.

It's an ugly stadium isn't it? Football or athletics; it looks terrible. I've thought that since it was built.
I'm actually watching the athletics there from what's going to be the away fans section, if you are directly behind the goal then you are a long way from the pitch. The sides are not steep, you might be surprised, I don't imagine the track will be covered.

Went to the City Store with the family today - new store is great but really noticed what a few posters have recently said - how tatty the area around the ground has become.
City circle vandalised and a mess for one. I wrote to the club and got the bog standard reply that it'll be sorted before the start of the new season. They miss the point. It is exposed and will continue to be a target for the local scallies with their screwdrivers ...

My understanding is that Seb coe was heavily involved with the design of the Olympic stadium. He sanctioned it be deigned for athletics use only so that it couldn't be converted into a football stadium later down the line. Pretty scandalous really. I agree, the hammers are taking over a very very poor ground from a spectator point of view.

UK Athletics need to stop seeing their arse when it come to stadia. There will never be the demand for such a ground aside from once in a blue moon large events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.