Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll definitely get a ticket if you really want one! Because the season starts in August most people will be away, and the new ticket selling system City are introducing will make it miles easier for fans to exchange tickets!

Aye, but I'm on about being able to buy one on my own card so's I get my loyalty points.

The stadium has to be full or near full enough times in the season to justify the expense of increasing capacity, this of course is a judgement that can only be made by the people putting the money in.
Some people have criticised the architecture, I think it's unfair to compere it to stadiums like the Emirates and the Allianz, those stadiums were built to their current capacity from scratch and are currently unaltered, the Etihad is being modified in a way that was never envisioned when it was originally built, the existing structure has to be accomodated which of course restricts the way the new stand has been designed and constructed. Personally I think the expansion is an amazing piece of engineering considering what we started off with.

The stadium has to be full or near full enough times in the season to justify the expense of increasing capacity, this of course is a judgement that can only be made by the people putting the money in.
Some people have criticised the architecture, I think it's unfair to compere it to stadiums like the Emirates and the Allianz, those stadiums were built to their current capacity from scratch and are currently unaltered, the Etihad is being modified in a way that was never envisioned when it was originally built, the existing structure has to be accomodated which of course restricts the way the new stand has been designed and constructed. Personally I think the expansion is an amazing piece of engineering considering what we started off with.

Spot on its a remarkable piece of enginnering, planning and design

Aye, but I'm on about being able to buy one on my own card so's I get my loyalty points.

That's what the new ticket-resale system City are implementing is for. Rather than other people getting to whore points, they will be added to the person attending the game's points. And you won't have to fanny about organising to pick up and drop off their ticket!

Taken from Upper Brook Street. Heading into/on the outskirts of the city centre. Looking East. For those who don't know Manchester. (camera phone) Click to enlarge.

N86Ynr2.jpg

pYMYIBM.png

Screenshotted from the previous video

Red square shows some of the concrete has been added at the bottom of the third tier for the lowest rows of seating (Row A?)

Green square shows CB stand tier 1 pitchside seats lower in some sections than others, is this because new seats have been added at pitchside or that some have been temporarily removed to facilitate the ongoing works on the pitch

Row A is correct, I have relocated to Block 316 Row A.

It's very true that full stadiums are an english-only anxiety. Until recently it was often the case that grounds would be half to three quarters full most of the times but every now and again there would be a huge bumper crowd.

City will certainly build the new North Stand IMO.

It's a recent English anxiety too ... those of us who are old enough to have been going to football in the 80s will remember that it was very rare for any ground to be full (and that was with much smaller capacities: OT was the biggest with around 45,000).

I remember City being the 3rd-best supported club one season with an average of 26,000 in a 35,000 capacity ground. At the same time, Newcastle were averaging 15,000.

Its a shame that we can fill those corners with seats and eventually see it increase to around 70k. It just seems theres a fair bit of space not being used there if you look at how both old and new stands dip down considerably at the corners.

If premier clubs can't fill the ground for supposedly top notch football oversea's viewers will soon lose interest. It would be hard to justify the record PL deal if stadiums were half empty. So it really is in the clubs interest to keep gates as high as possible. I would go as far as locking the car park at city home games so there is no incentive to leave 20 minutes before the end of the game. The players must be really pissed off sometimes when they turn around at the end of the game to applaud the fans only to see row after row of empty seats as everyone is fighting to home.

If premier clubs can't fill the ground for supposedly top notch football oversea's viewers will soon lose interest. It would be hard to justify the record PL deal if stadiums were half empty. So it really is in the clubs interest to keep gates as high as possible. I would go as far as locking the car park at city home games so there is no incentive to leave 20 minutes before the end of the game. The players must be really pissed off sometimes when they turn around at the end of the game to applaud the fans only to see row after row of empty seats as everyone is fighting to home.

Nice raggy first post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.