Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Well said @jrb this forum has lots of greats idea, but city as a club needs to LISTEN to what the fans say as a forum can we not do a poll on here
Think a bluemoon poll is just about the worst place the club could look at for opinion. The best thing the club could do is what they did last time, a portacabin /exhibition at the ground on matchdays and get fans opinions and ideas there.

The article/study basically being a “we already know what we are doing but pretending to give a shit about the fans’ opinions”, lol.
We suggested covering City Square 4 years ago, as part of the North Stand expansion, when City Matters started.

We've got a better range of food and drink, based on my impressions of my visit to a baseball stadium in 2018. The introduction of the independent food vendors, who care about the quality of their product and service, has made a significant difference to the income from food.

Outside of City Matters, I was on a working group with City representatives, Co-Op Live people and others looking at transport initiatives. Part of that is still under wraps but another was trying to persuade Metrolink to do more to help us by using its existing trams in a more targeted way on match-days.

Sometimes, it does feel like what seems to have been four years of banging your head against a wall, wasn't entirely wasted.

The GMPTE Bee Network.

Progress to date.

These things take time. Cost + delivery.

Work is also underway to purchase 220 Zero Emission Buses -- with fifty new electric buses initially introduced in Wigan and Bolton from September next year as part of the first phase of franchising. An additional 170 will then follow, operating on routes to and from the future Stockport bus depot by 2024. 

View attachment 63333

They'll just use the current profitable routes which means changing in the city centre for many and, travelling in from the north, Shudehill is a dead-zone for onward journeys, especially eastwards/southwards. I'd consider it if there were better options from Shudehill and hopefully the Co-op Arena might run shuttles from there to compete with the AO Arena being on a tram/train station, but currently it just takes too long travelling in due to traffic issues. A 6 mile journey for me takes 1hr 15mins for me to the city centre. The new ticket prices are good and I almost tried it for one game but the people I travel with out-voted the idea.

There are 54k fans at the stadium on a match day so 23k for a concert will be quite comfortable by comparison and wouldn’t pose any major transportation issues at all in isolation…

However, if there was a match and arena event on at the same time though, then that would be interesting.
Realistically I think there could easily be at least 5, probably more occasions during the season when there’s a game and a concert on at the same time.

The bigger acts obviously plan their tours well in advance, and well ahead of any knowledge of City’s schedule, and we shouldn’t expect any favours with regard to scheduling from the FA and UEFA.

Personally though I think the Arena will be the thing that finally gets Metrolink to address the issue more seriously. Complaints from families and visitors to Manchester going to the arena will in my view be treated very differently to those from our fans, as years of obvious issues around our games have’t led them to address the situation properly.

We suggested covering City Square 4 years ago, as part of the North Stand expansion, when City Matters started.

We've got a better range of food and drink, based on my impressions of my visit to a baseball stadium in 2018. The introduction of the independent food vendors, who care about the quality of their product and service, has made a significant difference to the income from food.

Outside of City Matters, I was on a working group with City representatives, Co-Op Live people and others looking at transport initiatives. Part of that is still under wraps but another was trying to persuade Metrolink to do more to help us by using its existing trams in a more targeted way on match-days.

Sometimes, it does feel like what seems to have been four years of banging your head against a wall, wasn't entirely wasted.

I’ve waited for a tram on the Ashton line before. Only singles turned up which caused big pushes and meant people were waiting for an overly long time. When someone politely asked the metrolink staff member why only singles were coming he said ‘Because that’s the timetable. If you wanted a double you should have left before the match finished’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.