Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It doesn’t.

To me it’s more about the club finally confirming and going public on the proposals. (that have been rumoured and discussed on here) Nothing concrete will be revealed by the club yet.

The next step will be the survey and the views of the fans. Hopefully the club will take the fans views and opinions into consideration and then reveal more about the proposals.

Link to the fans survey under the screen grab.

View attachment 63327

I work in the development world and this is a tick in the box for your planning application. They can say they consulted with local residents/the wider community but plans will be finalised. They might make one or two tweaks just to say they've listened, but it's done and we'll see an application very soon. I'd imagine the formal consultation they refer to will be part of the planning application process.

What is the point of an increased capacity with the current state of the transport infrastructure?

The stadium access for both private and public transport should be the first priority, it is currently very poor.
You're absolutely correct of course Gray but I interpret the initial brief as meaning that integration of a significantly improved public transport infrastructure as fundamental to any future proposals. At least you'd hope to God it is? Unfortunately, arriving at any meaningful consensus between the club, the local authority and the various public transport companies is likely to be akin to herding cats!

Last edited:
I work in the development world and this is a tick in the box for your planning application. They can say they consulted with local residents/the wider community but plans will be finalised. They might make one or two tweaks just to say they've listened, but it's done and we'll see an application very soon. I'd imagine the formal consultation they refer to will be part of the planning application process.

Agree.

It’s the same with large residential developments.

Saying that, the public backlash against the proposed St Michael’s tower killed it dead. The proposed tower was dropped and the architect was replaced. Public consultations do matter, even though they can be box ticking exercises, as you rightly say.

From the Clubs web site:

"The potential increase in Etihad Stadium capacity for the North Stand is within the 2014 approval for the South Stand expansion. Recent transport modelling for Co-op Live and the resulting local traffic and transport measures also included this maximum capacity.

An expanded Residents' Parking Scheme and improvements to the Metrolink are currently being implemented."

No where can I find anything online about Metrolink improvements. Wikepedia has a page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_developments_of_Manchester_Metrolink but nothing on there about the stadium.

Come on, let’s try and be positive about this. It’s what we all wanted. Official news! :-)

Time for a brew and a read of it.
AGREED !!

Despite the jocularity and inherent cynicism on the thread we must try to provide the survey with intelligent, constructive and realistic responses.

The fundamental plans may already be well formed but the correct input from ‘user customers’ could influence some finer details and preferences that ultimately will delight all parties.

This thread has interested and exercised many minds on this thread but there is an overarching consistency in ideas,thoughts and preferences with a variety of priorities.

All these should be provided to the club so that we can help them to help us.

Very few clubs would engage so openly with fans on such key matters......just look at the rags !!

Stating the obvious.

The club does read this thread. That includes Directors like Danny Wilson. Over the last few years, and especially this year, the club will have taken a lot of positive and negative views and feedback from this thread, which will have shaped some of the clubs decisions on the proposals.

I know opinions on "travelling" fans are mixed....but if i could get tickets and a hotel on site, id be over a hell of a lot more than i currently do
We drive from Edinburgh so its an important consideration. I would far rather stay on the campus than a Premier Inn in Denton/Chorley/Oldham etc.

Do you mean to say there isn't going to be a Rovers Return selling a pint of mild with a barmaid who always knows your name, catering selling your favourite pie (and none of this vegetarian muck), an endless fleet of trams without any queues, and an atmosphere ripped from a South American derby that only sings the right songs at the right tempo that you personally don't have to participate in?!?!
Personally I’ll be disappointed if the pub doesn’t have a fruit machine that’s just about to drop, or one of those Crystal Maze quiz machines from the 90s. Was a big fan of them so I’ll be making my views known.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.