Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

A large covered and heated City Square/fanzone where people can stand and sit down to drink is essential, especially on winter days like this. With a retractable roof for the Spring and Summer months when the weather is good.
With Multi pour

And log flume ;)

We suggested covering City Square 4 years ago, as part of the North Stand expansion, when City Matters started.

We've got a better range of food and drink, based on my impressions of my visit to a baseball stadium in 2018. The introduction of the independent food vendors, who care about the quality of their product and service, has made a significant difference to the income from food.

Outside of City Matters, I was on a working group with City representatives, Co-Op Live people and others looking at transport initiatives. Part of that is still under wraps but another was trying to persuade Metrolink to do more to help us by using its existing trams in a more targeted way on match-days.

Sometimes, it does feel like what seems to have been four years of banging your head against a wall, wasn't entirely wasted.
As I’m sure you aware mate, I was only being facetious.

Think a bluemoon poll is just about the worst place the club could look at for opinion. The best thing the club could do is what they did last time, a portacabin /exhibition at the ground on matchdays and get fans opinions and ideas there.
Not sure what city would do with advice like brick it's windows or pictures you know the rules ,or kakldoon you have been clarkied :+)

Realistically I think there could easily be at least 5, probably more occasions during the season when there’s a game and a concert on at the same time.

The bigger acts obviously plan their tours well in advance, and well ahead of any knowledge of City’s schedule, and we shouldn’t expect any favours with regard to scheduling from the FA and UEFA.

Personally though I think the Arena will be the thing that finally gets Metrolink to address the issue more seriously. Complaints from families and visitors to Manchester going to the arena will in my view be treated very differently to those from our fans, as years of obvious issues around our games have’t led them to address the situation properly.
Yep, that and an all round leisure facility with events on 150/200 days a year, surely changes things…. We live in hope!!

The only thing I have heard (on here maybe) is that there are potential new trams (or was it electric buses) being ordered by Silverlake(?) but none of those nor the tram-train proposals would be ready by the time the arena opens.
I was watching a "How its made" about trams on tv. The trams being made were said to be destined for Manchester with delivery 2024. It could be a positive if what you have heard is true.

Last edited:
Wow, didn't think the capacity increase was going to get off the ground, great news assuming no hitches.

It doesn’t actually give much away.

this on transport:
Proposals should offer a choice of mobility, with pedestrian and cycle provision as a priority, through the creation of excellent pedestrian and cycling connections and associated cycling amenities.
• Maintain the existing car parking provision and delivery of existing transport plans including agreed measures to protect residential amenity.

what are the existing transport plans?

Changes to the Metrolink include a 2 year closure. Better get my bike clips to hand.

Sounds good until you realise the campus hotel will be 4x as expensive.
Plus there isn't a KFC right next door like there is at denton.
of course pricing is important.

Personally I would rather have nine inch nails driven into my eye sockets whilst having my gonads squeezed in a vice than partake of a KFC from Denton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.