Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

From the Clubs web site:

"The potential increase in Etihad Stadium capacity for the North Stand is within the 2014 approval for the South Stand expansion. Recent transport modelling for Co-op Live and the resulting local traffic and transport measures also included this maximum capacity.

An expanded Residents' Parking Scheme and improvements to the Metrolink are currently being implemented."

No where can I find anything online about Metrolink improvements. Wikepedia has a page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_developments_of_Manchester_Metrolink but nothing on there about the stadium.
The only thing I have heard (on here maybe) is that there are potential new trams (or was it electric buses) being ordered by Silverlake(?) but none of those nor the tram-train proposals would be ready by the time the arena opens. With the tram line suspension and the new parking restrictions, it's no wonder the first thing we all focus on is how we get to the bloody place. And concert fans will be more finicky as they won't be dressed for the arctic weather like us. I just haven't seen any firm proposals out of this 'transport modelling' to ease my concerns. Hopefully we'll get to hear something next Spring.

Personally I'm pinning my hopes for easier travel on either there being something decent to do while the queues go down as I don't fancy parking my car in Moston.

The only thing I have heard (on here maybe) is that there are potential new trams (or was it electric buses) being ordered by Silverlake(?) but none of those nor the tram-train proposals would be ready by the time the arena opens. With the tram line suspension and the new parking restrictions, it's no wonder the first thing we all focus on is how we get to the bloody place. And concert fans will be more finicky as they won't be dressed for the arctic weather like us. I just haven't seen any firm proposals out of this 'transport modelling' to ease my concerns. Hopefully we'll get to hear something next Spring.

Personally I'm pinning my hopes for easier travel on either there being something decent to do while the queues go down as I don't fancy parking my car in Moston.
MEN arena has got a huge advantage over the Co-op with the current transport issues

MEN arena has got a huge advantage over the Co-op with the current transport issues

There are 54k fans at the stadium on a match day so 23k for a concert will be quite comfortable by comparison and wouldn’t pose any major transportation issues at all in isolation…

However, if there was a match and arena event on at the same time though, then that would be interesting.

The GMPTE Bee Network.

Progress to date.

These things take time. Cost + delivery.

Work is also underway to purchase 220 Zero Emission Buses -- with fifty new electric buses initially introduced in Wigan and Bolton from September next year as part of the first phase of franchising. An additional 170 will then follow, operating on routes to and from the future Stockport bus depot by 2024. 

77C9CB96-C7DF-40C9-8D65-914537F3F946.jpeg

83 thousand trying to get away from Etihad on a Tuesday 10pm with a CL game and concert on should be fun.

If they fuck about with the parking zones too much going to need to provide some better drop off and pick up points for supporters club coaches.

Stating the obvious.

The club does read this thread. That includes Directors like Danny Wilson. Over the last few years, and especially this year, the club will have taken a lot of positive and negative views and feedback from this thread, which will have shaped some of the clubs decisions on the proposals.
Well said @jrb this forum has lots of greats idea, but city as a club needs to LISTEN to what the fans say as a forum can we not do a poll on here

"
An expanded Residents' Parking Scheme and improvements to the Metrolink are currently being implemented.

All new facilities would support Manchester's Net Zero by 2038 target, with measures being looked at to support walking and cycling links with the city centre.
"

Wait, what?
They might as well paint the trams red. The service Blues get travelling in on the tram network to the game just doesn't match that provided to the Swamp or the cricket. They get loads of double carriages and staff in high-viz keeping travellers informed. We don't even get a tannoy when the Etihad service isn't running. So walking to the ground from town won't make much difference for many of us - but the needs of Blues with mobility issues and small children must be considered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.