Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not sure I’ve read too much into that but would that mean termination of the Ashton line completely?

Not sure his busy that is but it has Ikea on the end of it too.
Yup as no maintenance depots that side of piccadilly so would be unable to service/maintain trams so if it goes ahead and it is still an if then the whole line will stop for the build of hs2

They'll just use the current profitable routes which means changing in the city centre for many and, travelling in from the north, Shudehill is a dead-zone for onward journeys, especially eastwards/southwards. I'd consider it if there were better options from Shudehill and hopefully the Co-op Arena might run shuttles from there to compete with the AO Arena being on a tram/train station, but currently it just takes too long travelling in due to traffic issues. A 6 mile journey for me takes 1hr 15mins for me to the city centre. The new ticket prices are good and I almost tried it for one game but the people I travel with out-voted the idea.

There’s a fundamental problem that people forget or ignor. Gtr Manchester’s population has increased hugely, especially the city centre population. The amount of vehicles and vehicle usage has also increased massively. But our roads are still the same. The same length, the same width, the same amount of lanes, etc, since they were built. The roads weren’t built for the amount of vehicles that are using them. Bus lanes and cycle lanes have also reduced the width of the roads for car usage. I’m not saying that is a bad thing.

What is all this about Metrolink suspension? I am buggered if I am going to walk from town for 2 years at my age.

Really good exercise for you. Stop halfway for a half pint. It is only 25 mins, and means no queuing for the tram. Some great architecture and Social history too.

Really good exercise for you. Stop halfway for a half pint. It is only 25 mins, and means no queuing for the tram. Some great architecture and Social history too.
Mate I have done it in all weathers and not a fan. Even found my way blocked by a barrier on the canal towpath once. I refused to retrace my steps and swung round the side of it along with a lot of youths, I was already into my 70's by then.

Just wait until we have a game rearranged to a day there is a concert on and we have to kick off at 5pm so the match crowd aren't there at the same time as the concert crowd.
If on the remote chance there is a cross-over, a match kicking off at 7:30 or 7:45 would have much reduced crossover of a gig starting at 9pm with end times staggered.

I can’t see any daft kick off times being required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.