Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Still being told a mirror of the South Stand and and a bier Keller zone being created undercover with long tables.

Thanks.

Mirror of the South stand. Hope not, Tolm. That will be really disappointing in my opinion.

As for the beer Keller zone, sounds interesting.

Hopefully it will be like the proper beer kellers in Germany/Munich.

I went to the Munich Beer Festival this year. That was an eye opener. ;-) Had a great time. If you haven’t done it yet, do it.

how did the discussions with Metro conclude?
We didn't get to speak to them directly during the time we had the working group but previous discussions had been fruitless. However those had been based on putting more trams on the network, which they couldn't do.

I suggested just taking Piccadilly bound trams a few stops further, to the Etihad, for an hour before games, and vice versa after. Or just running a couple as shuttle services. Or something else that increased the team frequency for limited periods before & after games. I put that in writing as part of the discussions but have no idea if it got any further.

Last edited:
You know things are serious and moving a pace when the headline thread get’s changed. :-)

Has anyone sent in their views? Care to share them?

I haven’t yet.

Still being told a mirror of the South Stand and and bier Keller zone being created undercover with long tables.
Thanks.

Mirror of the South stand. Hope not, Tolm. That will be really disappointing in my opinion.

I went to the Munich Beer Festival this year. That was an eye opener. ;-) Had a great time. If you haven’t done it yet, do it.

Would love to, one day.

Buxom serving wenches, bier and hotdogs, what's not to like?

My grandfather was even German!!

Thanks.

They’re using the 2014 planning permission to develop the stand according to todays announcement which would line up with what Tolmie is saying.

Still being told a mirror of the South Stand and and bier Keller zone being created undercover with long tables.

Would love to, one day.

Buxom serving wenches, bier and hotdogs, what's not to like?

My grandfather was even German!!
'What's not to like?' Well, for a start, last time I checked, we lived in England. Without wishing to sound too nationalistic, can we not celebrate Englishness - if there is such a thing - with a large version of a traditional English pub serving traditional beer and food (though, admittedly, that probably means curry and pizza to some)? Last thing we need is a Disneyfied German bierkeller.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.