Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

View attachment 63345
During the meeting supporters were able to voice their desires and fears regarding the project. As you may have guessed already, these focused mostly around the inclusion of safe standing and ticket affordability. If done correctly, the latest expansion phase could create a worthy successor to the Kippax, legendary Maine Road terrace.

There already are indications it might end up this way because the north stand would not be a mirror reflection of the expanded south stand (delivered in 2015). In the south there are three tiers, of which two lower ones were already in place before expansion. In the north no third tier would be added, rather the second one extended by a massive 8,000+ seats.

that would be ace and the perfect chance to have a dedicated home end? Wonder how they sort the shitty corners out though?

If on the remote chance there is a cross-over, a match kicking off at 7:30 or 7:45 would have much reduced crossover of a gig starting at 9pm with end times staggered.

I can’t see any daft kick off times being required.
Doors for the arena will be 6.30/7pm

that would be ace and the perfect chance to have a dedicated home end? Wonder how they sort the shitty corners out though?
Corners are always going to be fucked at least until they extend the CB and East Stands. I think we should put the screens in all 4 corners to fill the gap

You know things are serious and moving a pace when the headline thread get’s changed. :-)

Has anyone sent in their views? Care to share them?

I haven’t yet.

Completed it before.

Mentioned improvements to the tram service needed. Match day specials etc.

Making the expansion corners look a bit tidier or at least covering them with big screens.

I said we might regret going for a third tier in a few years instead of a single tier or expanded double tier stand.

Asked for food places people can go inside and sit down to eat in the warm during winter.

Said about including the shop and museum inside the expansion and having them be the final steps of the stadium tour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.