Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not doubting you or Tolm.

Lots of rumours swirling about from different sources.

People posting 2 tiers.

City can put an amended planning application in. It would sail through.(as we know) Another rumour being, construction of the North stand won’t start until the Coop Live Arena is finished. 12 months away at least. And that’s if they get the build back on schedule? As the North stand isn’t close to local residents and houses like the South stand is, there shouldn’t be a problem. The new capacity could stay within the already approved capacity.

My thoughts keep on going back to this very important point.

I have been told on good authority City want to create a ‘proper home end’. Creating a 3 tiered North stand identical to the 3 tiered South stand is ‘not a proper home end’.
Can you save me scrolling back - what was the revised capacity approved previously?
Thanks

Can you save me scrolling back - what was the revised capacity approved previously?
Thanks

It’s probably reading today’s announcement yourself as it’s all in there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘home end’ just ends up being tier 1 safe standing as has been mentioned on here.
If it does end up just being that I will be extremely disappointed. It would never work anyway, we already have that in the SS and I don't see the noisy people from there moving for just the same thing but the other end. I think it would end up with the noisy people split up across two safe standing sections at opposite ends which would be even worse.

Thanks

Found the full planning application. Feel free to scroll through it. Tons of info. Link below.

The current Etihad capacity is 53,400.(from the OS) Adding 6,250 seats approved in the original South stand and North stand planning application would take the Etihad stadium capacity to 59,650 seats. 350 seats short of a 60,000 capacity.

The club is ambiguous in it’s wording. WHICH COULD, not, WHICH WILL.

The feasibility studies consider several connected elements, central to which is an expanded North Stand, which could increase capacity of the Etihad Stadium to over 60,000.

If the club sticks with the original South and North stand expansion plans, the capacity of the Etihad will not be over 60,000. (I stand corrected on that)

Another interesting line. Concepts. More than one?

Fans and the local community will be invited to share their priorities and feedback on concepts in early 2023.

From the planning applocation.

Alterations to the Etihad Stadium, including increasing the overall height of the South and North stands and associated elevational alterations, to allow an increase each stand capacity by up to 6,250 seats respectively and up to 2,000 additional pitch side seats creating a total match day capacity of up to 62,170 seats (from 47,670), expansions of concourse facilities, alteration to public realm including changes to car parking layout, landscaping and boundary treatments and associated infrastructure

C506B077-C534-4F63-9240-22A089AC2968.jpeg

B26B67B3-B623-4A25-AD82-7F49B42CC7DB.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.