Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Completed it before.

Mentioned improvements to the tram service needed. Match day specials etc.

Making the expansion corners look a bit tidier or at least covering them with big screens.

I said we might regret going for a third tier in a few years instead of a single tier or expanded double tier stand.

Asked for food places people can go inside and sit down to eat in the warm during winter.

Said about including the shop and museum inside the expansion and having them be the final steps of the stadium tour.
Exit through the gift shop.
Completed it before.

Mentioned improvements to the tram service needed. Match day specials etc.

Making the expansion corners look a bit tidier or at least covering them with big screens.

I said we might regret going for a third tier in a few years instead of a single tier or expanded double tier stand.

Asked for food places people can go inside and sit down to eat in the warm during winter.

Said about including the shop and museum inside the expansion and having them be the final steps of the stadium tour.
Exit through the gift shop.

Thanks.

Mirror of the South stand. Hope not, Tolm. That will be really disappointing in my opinion.

As for the beer Keller zone, sounds interesting.

Hopefully it will be like the proper beer kellers in Germany/Munich.

I went to the Munich Beer Festival this year. That was an eye opener. ;-) Had a great time. If you haven’t done it yet, do it.
I am of the opposite opinion and quite happy for it to be a mirror of the South Stand. We would hopefully be able to keep our seats in NS2 then!

'What's not to like?' Well, for a start, last time I checked, we lived in England. Without wishing to sound too nationalistic, can we not celebrate Englishness - if there is such a thing - with a large version of a traditional English pub serving traditional beer and food (though, admittedly, that probably means curry and pizza to some)? Last thing we need is a Disneyfied German bierkeller.
When’s the last time you were in an English pub geared up for a few thousand people ?

Im pretty sure a bierkeller idea has nothing to do with any German influence and is purely cause the are designed for a huge open space with bench seating to allow as many seats as possible in one open space.

Would be perfect in my opinion for the covered plaza with varied food and drink concessions surrounding it.

Exciting times ahead

When’s the last time you were in an English pub geared up for a few thousand people ?

Im pretty sure a bierkeller idea has nothing to do with any German influence and is purely cause the are designed for a huge open space with bench seating to allow as many seats as possible in one open space.

Would be perfect in my opinion for the covered plaza with varied food and drink concessions surrounding it.

Exciting times ahead
This wouldn't be bad

Still being told a mirror of the South Stand and and a bier Keller zone being created undercover with long tables.
If the current planning permission is being relied upon then a mirror of the south stand is probably correct. A 2 tier stand, with an enlarged, second tier, would probably result in an increased capacity. Any increase in capacity over and above the current planning permission would mean another planning application and local consultations. There are nuances around this of course - ie construct a 2 tier solution that stays within permitted attendance numbers and then add further seats once permission is granted for additional numbers. However a 2 tier stand would result in existing season ticket holders and corporate boxes on the current second tier being displaced, both during the construction works and in the ultimate solution, the club may be reluctant to do this.

Still being told a mirror of the South Stand and and a bier Keller zone being created undercover with long tables.

A mirror of the south stand would be a complete wasted opportunity and mean more corporate/ no improvement to the atmosphere

This is the only chance we have to build a proper home end. For me we’d basically end up with a copy of arsenals ground

A mirror of the south stand would be a complete wasted opportunity and mean more corporate/ no improvement to the atmosphere

This is the only chance we have to build a proper home end. For me we’d basically end up with a copy of arsenals ground
I don't get this idea that having a big 2nd tier or even a single tier will affect the atmosphere. Replacing the roof would have more effect IMO, mirroring the SS roof and preferably replacing E & W roofs at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.