Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not a cats chance of that happening. I'm not getting this obsession with hitting 60,000 either, if it was that important to the club then they'll expand the E & W stands back when they replace the roofs there.
It’s for hosting major finals and generating income. There’s no obsession with 60k. There’s a significant commercial advantage to be had. The people running our Club know that.

It might not be an issue anyway if, for example, our architects have learnt how to get more people into the North East and North West corners (compared to the South East and South West corners).

No. From the sounds of it on here it hasn't made much difference at Spurs has it?

Hopefully the NS won't have the corporate section which would make the NS entirely a home end. Isn't the NS a home end (whatever that may actually mean) anyway?

I don’t agree. When the single tier at spurs starts singing it’s much louder then at white hart lane. It’s also given all of their singers a chance to group together.

If we build three tiers I’d bet anything the second tier would be corporate. When I say home end I mean the Kop, holte end, cheadle end - a large area that has most of the singers in and there’s no away fans. something we don’t have

It’s for hosting major finals and generating income. There’s no obsession with 60k. There’s a significant commercial advantage to be had. The people running our Club know that.

It might not be an issue anyway if, for example, our architects have learnt how to get more people into the North East and North West corners (compared to the South East and South West corners).
The preferred capacity is actually 70000 as UEFA (Platini) believed this was required for security arrangements (like that worked last time). Most finals since 2007 have been quite some way above 60k so I’m not sure just tipping over 60k will make much difference. As far as I can tell it only needs to be classed as category 4 to be able to host a final, but if the 60k is the unofficial minimum then a few hundred below probably wouldn’t prevent being chosen if the facilities elsewhere on campus are top notch, which they will be.

I don’t agree. When the single tier at spurs starts singing it’s much louder then at white hart lane. It’s also given all of their singers a chance to group together.

If we build three tiers I’d bet anything the second tier would be corporate. When I say home end I mean the Kop, holte end, cheadle end - a large area that has most of the singers in and there’s no away fans. something we don’t have
Going by the comments here, a two-tier stand with the bottom tier being elevated safe standing section and an expanded second tier with no corporate boxes

Here are pictures of what it could look like

@jrb

Attachments

• V4suoA1.jpg
    V4suoA1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 80
  • singletiernorthstand23.jpg
    singletiernorthstand23.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
The preferred capacity is actually 70000 as UEFA (Platini) believed this was required for security arrangements (like that worked last time). Most finals since 2007 have been quite some way above 60k so I’m not sure just tipping over 60k will make much difference. As far as I can tell it only needs to be classed as category 4 to be able to host a final, but if the 60k is the unofficial minimum then a few hundred below probably wouldn’t prevent being chosen if the facilities elsewhere on campus are top notch, which they will be.
I think over 60K also puts us in the big League of Prem attendances. It’s probably not essential like you say.

The Amsterdam Arena’s capacity was increased to over 55k to make it better placed to hold big Euro games (a good while back) so attendance / capacity expectations for finals do seem to be rising.

I just think if we can squeeze a few more in then why not. It might be a non starter but if some people’s views are no longer blocked as a result of safe standing, overlooking the double advertising boards, then maybe there’s a case for reestablishing an extra row or so. I know there’s Champs League rules around the size of advertising thst might be another factor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.