Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I’ve never understood why this sort of service hasn’t been implemented.

Something with a few designated stops that starts at Parrs Wood, or maybe beyond, takes a right at or close to Dickenson Road and then straight to the ground. Would be perfect for many, many blues.
Metrolink ran a match special bus service direct to and from Parrs Wood on derby day, was a much more pleasant travelling experience than the covid crush on the trams

If only that picture was taken from the otherside we'd already know 1, 2 or 3 tiers. ;)

If we do end up with 3 tiers & the away fans staying in the SS it'll be interesting how many of our fans who like to see the whites of the away fans eyes will actually move.

We could very easily end up with 3 'sets' of singing fans rather than the 2 we have now....be careful what you wish for City.
The ‘Kippax North Stand’ L3 will be packed with die hard sand new hardship.

Hopefully, the singing section in the ESL1 corner will relocate into the SS L3 rear or L1 next to the pikeys.

We could very easily create two ends to create the atmosphere so desired

We have an ageing fan base, that needs addressing and quickly.

So, line up all us FOC's and put us out of our misery? I've never got this ageing fan base thing. Surely, my generation (just turned 60) has an equivalent at Saints, Neverton et al? Or is it just a City thing? I wear my FOC status as a badge of honour, summat to keep the younger generation around me grounded and aware of where we came from.

Anyway, where's me zimmer?

I’ve never understood why this sort of service hasn’t been implemented.

Something with a few designated stops that starts at Parrs Wood, or maybe beyond, takes a right at or close to Dickenson Road and then straight to the ground. Would be perfect for many, many blues.
Check-in with your local supporter's club. They might run a coach to the home games.

So, line up all us FOC's and put us out of our misery? I've never got this ageing fan base thing. Surely, my generation (just turned 60) has an equivalent at Saints, Neverton et al? Or is it just a City thing? I wear my FOC status as a badge of honour, summat to keep the younger generation around me grounded and aware of where we came from.

Logan's Run philosophy, we didn't have too many young fans around 2006 at away games, not they all want to be there.

The World Cup with all the new stadiums highlights the importance of crowd "atmospherics" not just in terms of encouraging teams but in setting the scene for broadcasts. COVID showed that the game is as much about fans as players onn the field. However, attendances have a fixed limit so are constrained, unlike TV with its global reach.

TV money and streaming content will generate far more funding than extra corporates. These audiences currently run into millions and tens of millions creating exposure to generate even more commercial revenue. It is short sighted to skimp on the North Stand develoment. Better to invest to create something iconic and atmospheric with global fan appeal rather than be constrained by ROI from stadium revenue which is relatively small potatoes compared with other revenue streams.
Agree completely. Look at Borussia Dortmund as the model. Their Yellow Wall must generate millions in revenue indirectly.

I would stress that it takes much more than just 'building a nice stand', though. There needs to be a full model in place to back it up. Cheap tickets, acoustics considered in the design, and organization with fan groups. Otherwise, it will be a stand that looks great but doesn't improve the atmosphere (the product) in any way.

There's an argument to say that corporate packages, such as the tunnel club, could be priced more highly as the atmosphere would add to the spectacle.

Going by the comments here, a two-tier stand with the bottom tier being elevated safe standing section and an expanded second tier with no corporate boxes

Here are pictures of what it could look like

@jrb
I've seen you refer to it as 'elevated' safe standing before I think, what exactly is that supposed to be?

I do think the aging fanbase issue is more pronounced at City because of our, and our neighbor's varying levels of success in the 90/00's.

I do think it's an issue at most clubs though. It seems pretty straightforward to presume older people tend to have more disposable income and can therefore watch more live football. When you throw in tickets increasing past the rate of inflation, it becomes more of an issue as time goes by.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.