Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It’s for hosting major finals and generating income. There’s no obsession with 60k. There’s a significant commercial advantage to be had. The people running our Club know that.

It might not be an issue anyway if, for example, our architects have learnt how to get more people into the North East and North West corners (compared to the South East and South West corners).
Arsenal have had a 60k capacity for 16 years and not had a sniff of a Champs League Final.

If capacity was factor we wouldn’t have ripped out 1500 seats last season

When talking of pricing the tickets right I think the whole way tickets are priced need to be looked at as it’s been the same structure since the 60’s and probably a lot earlier than that. I would look at introducing more price brackets say 22-35,35-50 and 50-65 or something like that. Then make north stand/south stand cheaper for the 22-35 age bracket and offset that by offering cheaper prices in the east and west stands for the older generations. In the upper tiers maybe make the front rows cheaper for older people and reverse the pricing the further up you go. I know it’s a minefield trying to please everyone and someone more clever then me could probably expand on the idea come up with better solutions and explain it better than me.

I’m no longer local but it would make sense to consider some franchises like those around the O2 Arena in London, if there is room. The main thing is to keep the Football as the focus, not just part of a multi-entertainment/leisure complex. Haven’t been for a while but the City Square would be much better as an indoor amenity. As for capacity, I don’t care if we have the biggest or tenth biggest in the country, it is all about atmosphere on match days. If they expand, maybe they should use some of the extra capacity to encourage non-regulars to enter a lucky dip so they can attract new fans.

I’ve not seen any ITK say on here that they have seen plans for a giant second tier with boxes ripped out and no corporate offering.

Ask yourself what credible business plan would include City telling all the North Stand box holders that they are ripping out the boxes to make way for normal seats ( even discounted seats in the eyes of some on here ).

Some of the seasonal North Stand box holders have held them since the stadium opened and they currently cost £60k per year.

Corporate seats will defo be included in the new stand - whether it be the whole of a second tier , a block in the middle or with existing boxes and other offerings.

A whole end with no corporate included is pie in the sky fantasy

Interesting reading today.

Done a bit of thinking.

if the North stand is going to mirror the South stand, I’m not relocating from South stand - Level 1. Why? Because it will be exactly the same. If there is a new singing section in the North stand it will probably be located on level 1. Probably just 1 block. Maybe 2 blocks, depending on the interest and if people can be bothered to relocate from other parts of the ground. That still leaves the remaining blocks across Level 1. They will be filled with people who will sing every now and again or not at all. Exactly like South stand - Level 1.

HelloCity touched in it.
Does this new stand spell the end of the Family Stand then? Standing in tier one, more corporate potentially in tier two…

If level 1 of the North stand is made safe standing, where will the family stand be moved to? It won’t be North stand level 2, if that remains as it is, as that will be premium seating and corporate, just like South stand - level 2 is.

If a 3rd tier is built, who will that be targeted at? I doubt the club will make any part of the 3rd tier a singing section.

Making the North stand 3 tiers, similar in every way to the South stand, will not create a proper home end in the way that most of us want it to be. It won’t improve the atmosphere either.

As for cheaper season tickets and match tickets, I doubt that will happen. If City do that people will just relocate to get a cheaper season ticket. And it will have a knock on effect on other parts of the ground with more expensive seats remaining unsold.

I’m sure City have worked it all out before going public on the proposals early next year. It’s done, bar taking the views of the fans into consideration. City might tweak a few things, but the majority of what is proposed has probably already been signed off by Mansour, Khaldoon and Soriano.

I’ll be honest. I will be really, really, disappointed and frustrated if the North stand expansion mirrors the South stand.

Last edited:
I’ve not seen any ITK say on here that they have seen plans for a giant second tier with boxes ripped out and no corporate offering.

Ask yourself what credible business plan would include City telling all the North Stand box holders that they are ripping out the boxes to make way for normal seats ( even discounted seats in the eyes of some on here ).

Some of the seasonal North Stand box holders have held them since the stadium opened and they currently cost £60k per year.

Corporate seats will defo be included in the new stand - whether it be the whole of a second tier , a block in the middle or with existing boxes and other offerings.

A whole end with no corporate included is pie in the sky fantasy

The limited corporate boxes will have to go. The roof just above them will be taken apart. And the expanded stand will back onto the current location of the boxes.That area will be redesigned. City aren’t going to keep a handful of corporate boxes and build an expanded North stand around them.

Is the 60K really an issue, considering the opportunity to host a UEFA final is pretty small maybe one in ten years and that's for England so then competing with other stadiums Remember also that the 60K would be for PL when UEFA are in town lots of seats are restricted or used for media etc which further lowers the capacity

Is the 60K really an issue, considering the opportunity to host a UEFA final is pretty small maybe one in ten years and that's for England so then competing with other stadiums Remember also that the 60K would be for PL when UEFA are in town lots of seats are restricted or used for media etc which further lowers the capacity

i guess there is a status thing as well mate? the dippers going past 60,000, Spurs obviously have a bigger capacity, Arsenal as well plus the rags?

The limited corporate boxes will have to go. The roof just above them will be taken apart. And the expanded stand will back onto the current location of the boxes.That area will be redesigned. City aren’t going to keep a handful of corporate boxes and build an expanded North stand around them.
IMHO it will mirror the south stand with the new boxes as replication of south stand restaurant. Making a single tier will be difficult due to angles and the cablenet system, also as the north stand wraps around into the east and west stands the transition becomes difficult and possibly loss of seat/standing To construct a single tier would also necessitate the removal of the current stand with the capacity somewhat reduced for a least a season, whereas the mirror of the south stand would be built around the current construction, whatever is chosen it will necessitate a new (temp) location for CitySquare and maybe the store

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.