Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Arsenal have had a 60k capacity for 16 years and not had a sniff of a Champs League Final.

If capacity was factor we wouldn’t have ripped out 1500 seats last season
That was during a lockdown when nobody was going into grounds. The revenue from the increased advertising was greater than the loss of money from fewer seats. It was a simple business decision.

The Club have been more than happy to squeeze in a couple of hundred extra seats with the pubsin the corners. They must think those tickets will make money.

IMHO it will mirror the south stand with the new boxes as replication of south stand restaurant. Making a single tier will be difficult due to angles and the cablenet system, also as the north stand wraps around into the east and west stands the transition becomes difficult and possibly loss of seat/standing To construct a single tier would also necessitate the removal of the current stand with the capacity somewhat reduced for a least a season, whereas the mirror of the south stand would be built around the current construction, whatever is chosen it will necessitate a new (temp) location for CitySquare and maybe the store

That’s definitely possible.

Can’t quite work it out. Double doors per box or a single door per box? Either way, it looks like 7 or 14 boxes currently.

4F78E42D-7022-453D-8146-6DB5D7C48994.jpeg

I’ve not seen any ITK say on here that they have seen plans for a giant second tier with boxes ripped out and no corporate offering.

Ask yourself what credible business plan would include City telling all the North Stand box holders that they are ripping out the boxes to make way for normal seats ( even discounted seats in the eyes of some on here ).

Some of the seasonal North Stand box holders have held them since the stadium opened and they currently cost £60k per year.

Corporate seats will defo be included in the new stand - whether it be the whole of a second tier , a block in the middle or with existing boxes and other offerings.

A whole end with no corporate included is pie in the sky fantasy
PoD -
You make a good point.

I think it would be possible to reposition the L2 boxes to the back of L1 and using part of the rear concourse the for kitchens etc.

Access & egress for L1 seats could be from the front/ sides ?

The boxes still have a 'premium elevated position ' at the potential loss of a 1000 seats.

Man has walked on the man so......

@Centurions
I've seen you refer to it as 'elevated' safe standing before I think, what exactly is that supposed to be?
This is what I am meaning. the bottom tier would be elevated to max steepness to help create the best acoustics etc for a home end. I like option 2 as it gives you the option of safe standing at the bottom tier and then seating above. This is what Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have done.

Doing option 2 would an easy solution with the expanded second tier being built in the season and the new lower tier being sorted in the offseason

Photos are from Everton

@jrb

1670947761138.png

PoD -
You make a good point.

I think it would be possible to reposition the L2 boxes to the back of L1 and using part of the rear concourse the for kitchens etc.

Access & egress for L1 seats could be from the front/ sides ?

The boxes still have a 'premium elevated position ' at the potential loss of a 1000 seats.

Man has walked on the man so......
I mentioned this earlier, it would allow the club to keep the family stand to the front rows & corporate behind those, then a 12-14’000 capacity upper tier with safe standing. A proper home end backed by supporter groups & vocal fans could be epic. There wouldn’t be a focus on the away fans which normally means a more wholesome support of the team, which would be a bit more palatable for families below (less swearing etc) the kids down there would see it as a right of passage to eventually get a season ticket up top. Wouldn’t be a hard sell for the corporates either given the seating/private boxes positioning, in amongst all the atmosphere, sat behind the goals where Sergio & VK entered into City folklore (very marketable) they’d have easy access to all the new planned extras behind the stand too

I don't get this "blue wall/improved atmosphere" notion.
I can't see anyone currently located either side of the away fans in what are great areas,wanting to move away from the action those areas provide to be in the opposite end of the ground, regardless of whether the club do it as a single tier, or safe standing upper tier. Fans will only move if the new seats are discounted - but no guarantee that all fans that move will be vociferous during games.
If anyone currently in the south stand is considering moving get in touch. Have 3 tickets in level 1 family stand right behind the goal, and my lads (now 15 & 18) would love to relocate to the south stand "where the action is". Its only coz I pay for all 3 bloody tickets that we are staying put as its cheaper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.