Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Why do you assume "we'll probably end up with a Premier Inn like the one in the city centre".

Do you have an insight ?

I was only joking. I don’t assume anything. No.

My point being. It would be great to have a tall hotel that has a bar and a restaurant at the top, similar to 20 stories - No1 Spinningfields, and Cloud 23 - Hilton hotel. That would be a spectacular addition to the Etihad Campus. Rather that than a mi—rise hotel.

It will be interesting to see who the architects are for the proposals.

Last edited:
There has to be rooms to cater for all needs. Season ticket holders who make long journeys to get to the Etihad want value to keep their average costs manageable. Youngsters attending a gig want something cheap. Those flying in for their first visit migh5 want a bit of luxury. All of that should be available.
I keep banging on about the Glasgow Hydro. within 5 minutes walk (equivalent distance to them being sited on our campus) you can access the following hotels:
Radisson
Holiday Inn
Premier Inn
Campanille
Village
Crowne Plaza
Moxy

a mix of 3 and 4 star hotels with a good spread of room rates.
in turn these hotels are attracting bars and restaurants to the area.

City will charge the going rate depending on the star rating of the proposed hotel. They may offer a 5% or 10% discount rate for season ticket holders and Citizen membership card holders? Like the rest of the business, the hotel has to make a profit. City certainly won’t be discounting rooms for people attending the Coop Live Arena concerts and events.

Someone mentioned on here that the whole thing would get a wrap like the Yas Marina hotel in Abu Dhabi.

Looking at the design of it maybe that's how they link the new City Sq replacement and hotel to the ground while still allowing movement all the way around the stadium

iu

How many fights would need 60k + attendance? Couple a year max?

Pointless reason for having a retractable roof for me mate & I love my boxing
If there was an English venue with over 21k capacity we may see more.

We did play a couple of times in Europe under a roof.

Quick check.

8th Jan. Chelsea. FA Cup.

Ibis - budget. £60.

1671037119437.jpeg

Leanardo - flexing booking - room only - £79.

1671037223704.jpeg

A retractable roof is absolutely pointless.

For those that think it’s a good idea take a look at the number of annual events held at the Millenium Stadium or the Ajax stadium with the roof shut. You can count them on one hand.

As for speculation on what type / standard of hotel it will be, I would look at the ones surrounding Wembley stadium / Wembley Arena for indications rather than ones surrounding city centre arena venues.
At the very least they need to improve the roof. I heard somewhere that the roof structure would need extensive work due to the way it was constructed.

An interesting read about what was involved in the construction.

South Stand Expansion, Etihad Stadium​

The South Stand expansion increased the capacity of the stadium during the 2014/15 football season, adding 6,000 new seats through a third tier on the terraces and 1,500 additional seats around the pitch. An architecturally sympathetic extension of an existing catenary ringed structure was needed, which did not compromise the integrity or capacity of the structure and ensured that the existing stadium remained operational during works.

1671038015900.jpeg

1671038041167.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.