Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not finished yet
The renders don't look promising in terms of the exterior, internals look top notch, but such a building which will see enormous numbers of people could and for me should have had a far more iconic look.

A look that when anyone sees they think Manchester.

We'll probably end up with a Premier Inn similar to the one in the city centre. :-)

View attachment 63492

When we should end up with a tall hotel similar to this planned on Great Ancoats Street. (not keen on the design)

View attachment 63493
There has to be rooms to cater for all needs. Season ticket holders who make long journeys to get to the Etihad want value to keep their average costs manageable. Youngsters attending a gig want something cheap. Those flying in for their first visit migh5 want a bit of luxury. All of that should be available.
I keep banging on about the Glasgow Hydro. within 5 minutes walk (equivalent distance to them being sited on our campus) you can access the following hotels:
Radisson
Holiday Inn
Premier Inn
Campanille
Village
Crowne Plaza
Moxy

a mix of 3 and 4 star hotels with a good spread of room rates.
in turn these hotels are attracting bars and restaurants to the area.

Multi star hotels can be accommodated in the same building with separate check-in (Airports),restrictive access lifts, executive floors,lounges and bars.

Very easy to achieve and can appeal to all budgets !!

I don't want anything scousers can afford.-;)
At the moment we don't know what size it would be, and I'm no expert on multi star hotel occupancy.

You can still have it just not use it for football. Would be good for boxing all year round.
How many fights would need 60k + attendance? Couple a year max?

Pointless reason for having a retractable roof for me mate & I love my boxing

How many fights would need 60k + attendance? Couple a year max?

Pointless reason for having a retractable roof for me mate & I love my boxing
A retractable roof is absolutely pointless.

For those that think it’s a good idea take a look at the number of annual events held at the Millenium Stadium or the Ajax stadium with the roof shut. You can count them on one hand.

As for speculation on what type / standard of hotel it will be, I would look at the ones surrounding Wembley stadium / Wembley Arena for indications rather than ones surrounding city centre arena venues.

There has to be rooms to cater for all needs. Season ticket holders who make long journeys to get to the Etihad want value to keep their average costs manageable. Youngsters attending a gig want something cheap. Those flying in for their first visit migh5 want a bit of luxury. All of that should be available.
I keep banging on about the Glasgow Hydro. within 5 minutes walk (equivalent distance to them being sited on our campus) you can access the following hotels:
Radisson
Holiday Inn
Premier Inn
Campanille
Village
Crowne Plaza
Moxy

a mix of 3 and 4 star hotels with a good spread of room rates.
in turn these hotels are attracting bars and restaurants to the area.
The new Leanardo is good opposite the Ibis and easy enough walking distance

We'll probably end up with a Premier Inn similar to the one in the city centre. :-)

View attachment 63492

When we should end up with a tall hotel similar to this planned on Great Ancoats Street. (not keen on the design)

View attachment 63493
Why do you assume "we'll probably end up with a Premier Inn like the one in the city centre".

Do you have an insight ?

The new Leanardo is good opposite the Ibis and easy enough walking distance

Another hotel is proposed close to Leanardo and Ibis. 3 hotels next to each other.

Motto by Hilton - 20 stories - 154 bedrooms.

FF4F42EC-C4EB-42CE-8038-B1554C91426A.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.