Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I'd be happy to see the north stand mirror the south stand. There is a deep hope from many supporters to follow what other clubs have done or planning to do. Our club was built to be different. The next stage of the development is about taking the number of seats to a level that will give fans to see the games. To do this the club will surely need to set more tickets at a more realistic price. I hope they focus on people in the local area. These are the individuals who are going to be the lifeblood of our club who will see us throught the highs and lows that will happen in our lifetimes. The club is on a journey and I hope we don't truly go through the develop the same fanbase that are seen at Old Trafford, Anfield or the Emirates. We are moving in that direction, so hopefully the club recognise where we are from and take on board the commitment they make to the local community they form an integral part of. An original design needs to be maintained with improvement s that will benefit some of the wider goals of the Etihad Campus. My hope goes something like this.

1. A design that sticks to the original designs that were released in line with the south stand development. The shape of the roofing is unique from others in the UK.

2. Retractable roof OR improve roofs that protect everyone from the elements both inside and outside the stadium.

3. A wrap around the stadium simular to what is seen around most stadiums these. Something that makes the Etihad a proper beacon / landmark.

4. Four screens in each corner of the stadium to allow fans to be kept up with what is going on and off of the pitch especially in the age of VAR where things get lost in the stadium.

5. A covered 'City Square' area for fans with designated areas for supporters branches. Linking this to the north stand would be a top idea.

6. A number of City themed pubs / restaurants outside the stadium especially between transport hubs such as Piccadilly. It is great to be able to stop off for a quick pint and bite to eat on route to the stadium. This is something that will be used by people living in the areas where accommodation has been built. For example, the former Bank of England pub. Perhaps change the name to something that relates to our owners and samples a bit about there culture.

It sounds cheesey, but I firmly believe it that if you build it the people will come. These things need to happen in the next couple of years. Messing around with the design of the stadium will only delay things. Also, as stated I would expect the club have already got a clear view on there design. Hopefully things happen as soon as possible...

It should be a minimum 4 star hotel. But there's nothing wrong with a 3 star hotel. There are some very good 3 star hotels in the city centre. As for a 5 star hotel. To maintain that standard and offering is expensive, and is reflected in room rates.

I should imagine Most occupancy will be 1 night stays. People will pay a bit more.

I'd be happy to see the north stand mirror the south stand. There is a deep hope from many supporters to follow what other clubs have done or planning to do. Our club was built to be different. The next stage of the development is about taking the number of seats to a level that will give fans to see the games. To do this the club will surely need to set more tickets at a more realistic price. I hope they focus on people in the local area. These are the individuals who are going to be the lifeblood of our club who will see us throught the highs and lows that will happen in our lifetimes. The club is on a journey and I hope we don't truly go through the develop the same fanbase that are seen at Old Trafford, Anfield or the Emirates. We are moving in that direction, so hopefully the club recognise where we are from and take on board the commitment they make to the local community they form an integral part of. An original design needs to be maintained with improvement s that will benefit some of the wider goals of the Etihad Campus. My hope goes something like this.

1. A design that sticks to the original designs that were released in line with the south stand development. The shape of the roofing is unique from others in the UK.

2. Retractable roof OR improve roofs that protect everyone from the elements both inside and outside the stadium.

3. A wrap around the stadium simular to what is seen around most stadiums these. Something that makes the Etihad a proper beacon / landmark.

4. Four screens in each corner of the stadium to allow fans to be kept up with what is going on and off of the pitch especially in the age of VAR where things get lost in the stadium.

5. A covered 'City Square' area for fans with designated areas for supporters branches. Linking this to the north stand would be a top idea.

6. A number of City themed pubs / restaurants outside the stadium especially between transport hubs such as Piccadilly. It is great to be able to stop off for a quick pint and bite to eat on route to the stadium. This is something that will be used by people living in the areas where accommodation has been built. For example, the former Bank of England pub. Perhaps change the name to something that relates to our owners and samples a bit about there culture.

It sounds cheesey, but I firmly believe it that if you build it the people will come. These things need to happen in the next couple of years. Messing around with the design of the stadium will only delay things. Also, as stated I would expect the club have already got a clear view on there design. Hopefully things happen as soon as possible...
Forget the retractable roof idea at least, apparently it's not allowed by the PL/FA. Sounds dumb I know.

I wouldn't say either of those clubs have, listening to their home support. Saying that, a few young wannabe Mibs/Ultras have appeared at one end at Arsenal.

Maybe not singing sends, but they have two ends that are stood up and create some atmosphere. Something we could easily do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.