Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I hope you are wrong, the internal parts of the stadium are very good to excellent, but the exterior of the stadium leaves a lot to be desired, hopefully it will be a big part of the extension.
100% agree mate, just attending an appointment with my Consultant who saw my City badge, he waxed lyrical about the stadiums boxes and facilities where he was doing Doctor interviews. He used to use the Reebok at Bolton and described the Etihad as light years away from it. I also have a Rag in-law who attended a couple of gigs at the Etihad stating, it does what it says on the tin a proper football stadium room to sit and great facilities.

100% agree mate, just attending an appointment with my Consultant who saw my City badge, he waxed lyrical about the stadiums boxes and facilities where he was doing Doctor interviews. He used to use the Reebok at Bolton and described the Etihad as light years away from it. I also have a Rag in-law who attended a couple of gigs at the Etihad stating, it does what it says on the tin a proper football stadium room to sit and great facilities.
The interior is stunning and a majority of the facilities excellent. I love the exterior design but it just looks very tired and somewhat uncared for.

If they extended the glass/steel entrances as on the Colin Bell Stand all around the stadium it would look so much better.

But if they could use some sort of LED screen/lighting effects not only would it look amazing it could also be a huge revenue earner if used for advertising.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we waited another decade to do the externals of the stadium as part of an expansions of the East Stand and Colin Bell Stand. I’d love to be wrong and it be part of the soon to be revealed plans though.
Yeah I can’t see them doing anything to the stadium externally until every stand has been expanded. With the south stand corners being “temporary”, they’ve obviously got expansions in mind for the East and Colin Bell stands.

A retractable roof is absolutely pointless.

For those that think it’s a good idea take a look at the number of annual events held at the Millenium Stadium or the Ajax stadium with the roof shut. You can count them on one hand.

As for speculation on what type / standard of hotel it will be, I would look at the ones surrounding Wembley stadium / Wembley Arena for indications rather than ones surrounding city centre arena venues.
Think outside of the box. Advertising on the roof would make the club some money.

Think outside of the box. Advertising on the roof would make the club some money.
I'm not any kind of engineer but I can't see how any retractable roof could be fitted without removing all existing rooves and building some new supporting walls all around, could they even do it without closing stands. All sounds very expensive and all a bit pointless to me, also extremely unlikely.

There’s advertising on the roof now.

They can’t build a retractable roof on our stadium though without completely taking down the current one and building brand new giant supports for it.

Madrid have done it through playing at their training ground for a year during Covid and not having to worry about the weather we get here.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.