Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Looking at some of the latest drawings and doodles being added, I’d say one or two may have seen the official top secret architect/artists drawing’s of the planned expansion. Just like new shirt designs they leak out sooner rather than later. Hello City I’d say is the one in the know at the moment.

I'm struggling to see (based on your mock up) how it could all work to be honest. You need to allow for the flow of people around the ground and to/from the tram stop. But with the cable net system, it seems to limit where things could go unless it was all covered and the cables punctured through at different points. The squash centre limits the space to manouevre on the western side.

I may be way off, but I'm not sure the North Stand roof is even part of the cable-net system?

From memory, it was built as an open end for the Commonwealth Games and the roof went on as a separate piecing when we converted and dug down.

It's not connected or supported by the other three stands and, as such, isn't constricted to what can be done with it?

I may be way off, but I'm not sure the North Stand roof is even part of the cable-net system?

From memory, it was built as an open end for the Commonwealth Games and the roof went on as a separate piecing when we converted and dug down.

It's not connected or supported by the other three stands and, as such, isn't constricted to what can be done with it?

It is - I’m afraid…. The cable net was there when the temporary stand was in place for the Commonwealth games…. and then after the games the new stand was attached to it.

I just remember it being a completely open end mate, don't recall any cables or structures around it?
CD4101756.jpg

What I want to know is does our owner really want to solve the problem of the roof and if so does he understand the atmosphere is a massive part of our continued success.....surely he and the board realise this .

Here is the Hydro there is seven hotels roundabout it , but the whole area which is the Scottish Event Campus can hold up to 32,000 people.

The COOP live can hold 23,500 people and the expanded Etihad can hold upto 60,000.

Maybe need more hotels ????

The other side of the SEC is a massive car park and there is multistorey next to the Moxy and there is car parking at the Village,Premier Inn,

View attachment 64121
Is it not a tad different given that bbc scotland is just across the river ?

Here is the Hydro there is seven hotels roundabout it , but the whole area which is the Scottish Event Campus can hold up to 32,000 people.

The COOP live can hold 23,500 people and the expanded Etihad can hold upto 60,000.

Maybe need more hotels ????

The other side of the SEC is a massive car park and there is multistorey next to the Moxy and there is car parking at the Village,Premier Inn,

View attachment 64121
Appreciate all your input in this thread, probably one of my favourite threads with JRB and all leading the way, great effort all round, out of interest what’s your background or interest, have you insider knowledge ?

Is it not a tad different given that bbc scotland is just across the river ?
Yes, plus motorways. Also the 60000 is only for maybe 20 /25 days a year. A hotel business plan won’t be based on 25 days of football fans. For multiple hotels to be viable it would need other reasons for people to stay..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.