Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Sorry i was replying to the reference of hotels. That glasgow arena has 7 hotels in its vicinity. I was pointing out that the area cant be compared to ours as it has bbc on its door step and we dont
sorry mate. I'm being thick. Why would having the BBC (and STV and a bunch of other stuff) on the doorstep dictate the number of hotels? Are you thinking that these organisations attract a lot of staff from outwith the area that need hotel accommodation?

From what I can remember, stand corrected. At the time the CTL 1600 crane came from Italy, it was brand new, had never been used before, and only 1or 2 cranes operators working for the crane company knew how to use it.

The infrastructure round the etihad is atrocious. Add in a venue like the new arena and if events clash i really dont think id bother
Maybe i'm missing something but if there are no radical improvements to tram and the walking route I can see it making for an unpleasant experience and not what the club are intending at all. Maybe they are looking at the Arena to take the lead on this stuff (albeit I know we are involved in its build). It is already difficult getting away from the Etihad in a car after the game. This is not going to improve things.

I've been saying we need more hotels from the start. The actual campuses are similar sizes. These Glasgow hotels have popped up mainly since the Hydro was built, there was nothing like that number when it was just the SECC. The multi story is the building that has Moxy Glasgow written over it. If memory serves it has around seven floors. I genuinely think the transport assumptions for the Arena are half baked and woefully optimistic based on my experience with public transport and walking in Manchester vs attending events at the Glasgow Hydro.
I totally agree with you, you also have the subway in Glasgow as well which clears out a lot of people who attend events

A railway link would help massively, look at modern large stadiums of city size then most of them have stations near them or links to stations.

Wembley - Wembley tube station
Murrayfield- Massive tram stop with goes to Haymarket Station
Emirates-Highbury tube station

Here are the options that the Spurs Stadium has
  1. White Hart Lane (London Overground): approx. 5 mins walk to the stadium - that’s more or less 500 steps for those of you with fitness apps
  2. Northumberland Park (Abellio Greater Anglia services): approx. 10 mins walk to the stadium and about 1,000 steps.
  3. Tottenham Hale (Victoria line and Abellio Greater Anglia services): approx. 25 mins walk to the stadium and roughly 2,500 steps.
  4. Seven Sisters (Victoria line and London Overground): approx. 30 mins walk to the stadium and around 3,000 steps.

Funny isn't. You never hear the Rags complaining about getting away from OT, even though the get 74,000.

Having been to OT. Trafford Park through to the M60 is always gridlocked with cars and coaches. The Metrolink service is like ours, infrequent and rammed. They do have more Metrolink stops away from the ground. Around the ground it's residential parking only. Etc.

I've been saying we need more hotels from the start. The actual campuses are similar sizes. These Glasgow hotels have popped up mainly since the Hydro was built, there was nothing like that number when it was just the SECC. The multi story is the building that has Moxy Glasgow written over it. If memory serves it has around seven floors. I genuinely think the transport assumptions for the Arena are half baked and woefully optimistic based on my experience with public transport and walking in Manchester vs attending events at the Glasgow Hydro.
If they build more hotels more people will stay on site, as what happens with the Hydro for events. Football is different with a lot of people wanting to go home after a game.

I think a trick is been missed here not to release plans for the whole site as they could help massively with people staying after concerts and games in there is paperwork for the new stand they talking about this.

If they build more hotels more people will stay on site, as what happens with the Hydro for events. Football is different with a lot of people wanting to go home after a game.

I think a trick is been missed here not to release plans for the whole site as they could help massively with people staying after concerts and games in there is paperwork for the new stand they talking about this.
We drive from Edinburgh so this subject is close to my heart. I like to park on campus and would prefer to stay on campus rather than take an hour or more to get to a suitable Premier Inn. I have had my fill of Denton, Oldham Broadway and Bolton Stadium. Chorley North has not been discarded yet but its just a matter of time :-)

Funny isn't. You never hear the Rags complaining about getting away from OT, even though the get 74,000.

Having been to OT. Trafford Park through to the M60 is always gridlocked with cars and coaches. The Metrolink service is like ours, infrequent and rammed. They do have more Metrolink stops away from the ground. Around the ground it's residential parking only. Etc.
It's a good point and why I am hopeful that the developments excluding transport on the campus and the neighbouring areas should improve things. At the fake OT it's just a better walk currently with more options than what we currently have mainly because it's been there longer. The area north of the Etihad is pretty grim, hopefully it'll improve once the arena is open for business.

I totally agree with you, you also have the subway in Glasgow as well which clears out a lot of people who attend events

A railway link would help massively, look at modern large stadiums of city size then most of them have stations near them or links to stations.

Wembley - Wembley tube station
Murrayfield- Massive tram stop with goes to Haymarket Station
Emirates-Highbury tube station

Here are the options that the Spurs Stadium has
  1. White Hart Lane (London Overground): approx. 5 mins walk to the stadium - that’s more or less 500 steps for those of you with fitness apps
  2. Northumberland Park (Abellio Greater Anglia services): approx. 10 mins walk to the stadium and about 1,000 steps.
  3. Tottenham Hale (Victoria line and Abellio Greater Anglia services): approx. 25 mins walk to the stadium and roughly 2,500 steps.
  4. Seven Sisters (Victoria line and London Overground): approx. 30 mins walk to the stadium and around 3,000 steps.
And Spurs is a pain in the arse to get away from after large events. This seems to be standard for stadiums over 60,000. I'm not expecting major improvement at the Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.