Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Looks great. Would be very happy with something like this.View attachment 64787View attachment 64788
I'm very much in favour of this design if only for aesthetic reasons. The wraparound cladding offers a far more attractive, sinuous look which would help to detract from what some see as the brutalist multistorey car park appearance of the current stadium.

I'm very much in favour of this design if only for aesthetic reasons. The wraparound cladding offers a far more attractive, sinuous look which would help to detract from what some see as the brutalist multistorey car park appearance of the current stadium.
Agreed, apparently this is unfeasible though.

Hmmm...I did wonder. Sorry, I missed that post. Why is it unfeasible? Structural engineering reasons or prohibitive cost.
The design is very much dated and nothing like what we ultimate went with. Looking at the South Stand, it’s somehow using the old roof supports rather than the newer triangle structures which ultimately went up to provide independent support.

The sides are also using the spirals and masts for a new roof support. Not sure how we’d get rid of the old roof and then throw an even higher roof up using the same supports without the stand being totally uncovered for a season.

This ‘plan’ is very much a design for looks rather than anything logical it would seem, although it’s interesting to see how the outside of the stadium could evolve in future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.