Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I have just lifted this from STATEMENT OF REASONS document for the new proposed scheme

The objectives of the Scheme are to:

Discourage event-related / Campus facility users and other on-street, long-stay non-residential parking in the area, while still permitting short-stay parking for visitors to residential properties and businesses in the scheme area; Encourage visitors to the area to use public transport and active travel options;

So the bottom line is they don't want City fans traveling to the Etihad in a car
Empty seats incoming, it’s a huge area, I park on Briscoe Lane, there are hundreds of cars parked all round those streets, which is all industrial, the trams and buses can’t cope after the match what the fuck are the going to do after this. I’ll not be doing night games if I’ve got to walk 2 miles to get a bus or tram to get home, it’s going to add a couple of hours just to get back 7 miles away as there’s no direct route!
Wheres the link to object I’m sure a few thousand City fans will make them think again.

Empty seats incoming, it’s a huge area, I park on Briscoe Lane, there are hundreds of cars parked all round those streets, which is all industrial, the trams and buses can’t cope after the match what the fuck are the going to do after this. I’ll not be doing night games if I’ve got to walk 2 miles to get a bus or tram to get home, it’s going to add a couple of hours just to get back 7 miles away as there’s no direct route!
Wheres the link to object I’m sure a few thousand City fans will make them think again.
You need to email any objections to:

EastlandsRPS@manchester.gov.uk
Quote ref L/PSH/EVD2001/2009

FAO Fiona Ledden

You need to email any objections to:

EastlandsRPS@manchester.gov.uk
Quote ref L/PSH/EVD2001/2009

FAO Fiona Ledden

I’ll object, but I don’t think City fans objecting will make a difference. Not when it involves the local residents. Especially as it’s parking, traffic jams, air pollution, etc. Saying that, many local residents objected to the arena on the same issues, but MCC still waved the arena through planning.

Last edited:
I’ll object, but I don’t think City fans objecting will make a difference. Not when it involves the local residents. Especially as it’s parking, traffic James, air pollution, etc. Saying that, many local residents objected to the arena on the same issues, but MCC still waved the arena through planning.
Neither do I and I probably won’t be bothering to complain. If I find it too much of a hassle to go to games by public transport I’ll just jack it in.

Not looking forward to it. There were notices on the lampposts all round the streets at the Villa game, asking for any objections before 16th March so it looks like a done deal. I expect a lot more businesses will open up for parking services but they're going to be busy. Traffic will probably end up worse down Alan Turing Way as cars queue to get into these places and getting away will be difficult due to the central reservation, I've already seen cars going over it to avoid having to U-turn at the lights.
This is truly terrible news about Briscoe Lane

They haven't said, but technically they could bring in the new restrictions the day after the end of the consultation period which is on 16th March 2023, if they do not get any objections to the proposed scheme. However after looking at the size of the scheme and the vast area it covers, its going to cost a small fortune to paint all the new parking bays and install the signage to enable enforcement of the new restrictions. In all likely hood, the new parking scheme will be in operation at the start of 23/24 season. But we need to remember the scheme is currently only a " proposal" at the moment, if the council receive no objections to the proposals they will just implement the new scheme. However if the council receive an high number of objections they will need to be able to justify the new restrictions. If anybody is effected by the new restrictions they can log a comment and object to the scheme via the council website, but this needs to be done before 16th March 2023.
Someone should post link to page on a new thread as this is a huge issue for City fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.