Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Sorry to derail the thread slightly, but does anybody itk know how many Corporate seats there are at present ?

I assume that as the extended 2nd tier North Stand design differs from the the described in the "both-ends-the-same" planning application there would need to be a new planning app in place, and approved before works could start - to my mind that would suggest mid-2019 as a start a bit of a push

As a reminder, the original planning app is here https://pa.manchester.gov.uk/online...ils.do?keyVal=MWV624BC03O00&activeTab=summary

Application went in 25th November 2013 (5 years to the day almost) and was formally approved 14th February 2014 - can anyone remember how long it was before ground works started behind the South Stand?

February 2014.

I have a feeling they did a few things behind the North Stand as well.

Just had this email through ...

Help shape the future of the Etihad Stadium

Hi,

As part of Manchester City's ongoing review of the matchday experience, we are assessing a number of options for the future of the Etihad Stadium. These include enhancing existing facilities, introducing new offerings stadium wide, as well as the potential redevelopment of the North Stand.

We would like to hear directly from our fans to better understand what their preferred features would be, and then use this feedback to help determine which, if any of the above, could be explored further.

During the survey, we will first ask you about your matchday experience before introducing you to the potential new ticket offerings. All ideas shared with you are conceptual in nature and no decisions have been made-any ideas, renderings or concepts you see are hypotheticals only. This survey will take no longer than 15 minutes. Please be as honest as possible as your input will help shape the future of the Etihad Stadium.

Just filled in the survey. My gut feeling is that they want to complicate stuff too much. I just want to go to the ground, watch the match and go home. I don't want complicated ticketing arrangements, and I don't really give a damn about the food and drink offerings, as they are never going to do the stuff I want to eat and drink, certainly not at an affordable price. What the survey does not address is the dogshit transport arrangements, which is the number 1 reason I don't go more, especially to night matches. Albeit, much of this is beyond City's control. This issue will only get worse when the ground expands.

Just filled in the survey. My gut feeling is that they want to complicate stuff too much. I just want to go to the ground, watch the match and go home. I don't want complicated ticketing arrangements

strangest survey they've sent out yet. Q - Would you sit here, here, here, here, or here, at this price, this price, that price, or this one. A - no, i want to stay in the seat i've been in since 2003. Q - would you buy this ticket bundle, that one, this mini season card, or this one, or this, or that. A - no, i want a season ticket for the season but without being ripped off.
Q - would you use this restaurant, bar, coffee shop, take away, gastro pub, this that or the other. A - no i'd like to get a packet of crisps in without being treated like a scumbag!

Just filled out the weird survey ,basically said I wanted a dedicated home end with cheap seats on a normal season card basis.Not interested in arty farty food and drink .Also looking like they want to put a supporters club/bar in there as well.Some interesting stuff .looks like they’re looking out how much cash people are willing to stump up for season tickets in the new stand as well.

Just had my survey which reading between the lines means

They are redeveloping the north stand
The family stand will be mixed up into the rest of the ground and I can either sit in the gods or next to the pitch or pay 1500 a ticket to sit in joes with a free pie
The solution to the infrastructure and traffic problems is create bars and restaurants to stagger the times people come and go

In moving the family stand and creating a bigger north stand it must be because of that scientific evidence stated by 19 year buzzing Ryan of the south stand which states. Fans sing much louder and join in if they are facing to the south than they are if they are facing to the north

It’s a well known fact.

Reactions: nmc
I filled it in. Interesting and positive IMO. I went for the rail seat option every time. Ideally at front of NS tier 2, which would be awesome.

Questions about Rail seats on upper tiers btw... I knew there was no good reason why not.

For the avoidance of doubt the diagram in the survey shows an expanded 2nd tier compared to the 3 tier layout of the South Stand.

66-A57-F6-E-1-A77-48-D6-828-D-3-D8-B27-D77444.jpg

D52-E34-A5-50-C9-49-E0-9-D7-F-1-B6-CFA7-C948-A.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.