Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The ‘space where the boxes are’ doesn’t look like it’s a thing from the diagram below.

It’s the space from the back of the current 2nd tier to the cable net which is important.

D8-C8-BF1-E-4-CBF-4-FEA-90-EE-6-A9-D51-ECF5-EF.jpg

Sorry mate you have lost me!

You said there would be room to build where the boxes are which would give a greater capacity.

There isn’t any extra space for more rows where the boxes are in that sense.

The diagram below shows how a third tier allows an overhang which allows for more rows than an extended second tier would.

Even having the extension at a steeper angle than in the diagram would give less rows than a third tier.

D8-C8-BF1-E-4-CBF-4-FEA-90-EE-6-A9-D51-ECF5-EF.jpg

I guess they could always make the rows closer together to squeeze a few more in and boost capacity that way.

Just caught up with this thread....

By my sums repeating the South Stand build in the North Stand will add an additional 6,200 seats - new block number capacity would be as follows:-

332 - 600 seats
333 - 600 seats
334 - 600 seats
335 - 569 seats
336 - 732 seats
337 - 732 seats
338 - 569 seats
339 - 600 seats
340 - 600 seats
341 - 600 seats

So that would give us a usable capacity of 60,700'ish
Which means we're looking for another another 2,300 seats to get to 63,000...

The bottom row of North Stand Tier 3, if built in the style of the South Stand (without segregation and extra steps for Legend Lounge types) would be 224 seats. It is reasonable to assume that any in-fill seat rows would be the same capacity.

So if we slot in seven rows (about right) in the vertical space where the Boxes are now above Tier 2 in the North Stand, we adds a potential 1,568 further seats. Then add in the two small extensions to the north end of the East and West Stand 3rd Tiers (as per south end) adds about 130 seats in each corner so we get to 62,528... close but not 63,000. But don't forget we need to knock off the lost box space which I think is 14 boxes of 10 seats each, so 140. So we're down to 62,388. But... we need to consider the lost NE and NW Corner seats, of which there is (I think) about 75 seats in each, so you end up with a total of 62,388 - 150 = 62,238 - 762 short of the 63,000 figure without exercising some jigger pokery around to find another 191 seats in each of the four difficult open corners where the big screens are now and will end up...

NOTE1 - all of the above assumes the back few rows will still be able to slide in without fouling the existing cable net towers and tie ins

NOTE2 - someone asked for a mockup - did this in June
singletiernorthstand23.jpg

Alongside a Spurs/Dortmund wall version...
singletiernorthstand123.jpg

Compare with South Stand build today
NewSS1.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.