Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I hear the frustration I feel it myself, id be interested to hear what you feel City can do themselves realistically , as it seems to me the majority of the what we would wish for is either out of our control or unrealistic
Firstly, don't demonise fans driving to the games. For most, it's a necessity, not one of a number of options.
As a minimum, I'd have hoped for some Park & Ride locations dotted around the area. I think Metrolink helping us out is a pipe dream.
One can only hope CFG and partners are lobbying the powers that be to come up with transport solutions, but I'm not holding my breath.

If you didn’t already know, the Coop Live Arena have signed up Take That, who otherwise would have gone to the AO Arena. An extra date has been added on the 24th of May 2024.

7 artists and bands signed up.

New live webcam. Lower down.

567-BA5-BA-25-A2-4749-A7-AE-53-BE13-C2-F1-AE.jpg

Firstly, don't demonise fans driving to the games. For most, it's a necessity, not one of a number of options.
As a minimum, I'd have hoped for some Park & Ride locations dotted around the area. I think Metrolink helping us out is a pipe dream.
One can only hope CFG and partners are lobbying the powers that be to come up with transport solutions, but I'm not holding my breath.
Similar to my thoughts however I dont feel this is completely within City's control, and requires partnership working , this is the information that would have been gathered in the survey and hopefully acted on ,but this would all take time

I have been around planning reports long enough to know that the transport consultants do their modelling remotely, but they are never on site which is a significant part of the problem with this....

Everyone on here knows there is a traffic issue with the site at the moment but not doing anything is going to make it worse, why do you think a lot of the crowd leaves the games early !!!!

The Coop Live is going to add 23000 problems to the mix, all the power at be need to get around the table and add a station to the site end of story.

I am sure if the power at be said they were going to stop funding East Manchester then two minutes later there would be a train station given the go-head

I am sure if the power at be said they were going to stop funding East Manchester then two minutes later there would be a train station given the go-head
There really wouldn’t. The rail situation in Manchester is a mess and everything is linked to what’s happening with HS2, and we all know what a shambles that’s become. I really wouldn’t expect anything changing regarding trains for ten years at least. Even the business case for the new Metrolink stop at Collyhurst (still 1.5 miles away) won’t get finalised for another two or three years and then they’ll need to build it, so that’s towards 2030 at the earliest.

It’s buses and walking for the time being.

Take That and Olly fucking Murs?

are-you.gif

Can I also add the Jonas Brothers and Simply Red....

What is this place, the Old timers society?

But Take That has got to be the poorest of the poor, they should be playing Pontins on a weekend by now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.