Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I'm probably going over old ground here so apologies but need to ask. The 50% City own of the music venue, when open and its pulling in cash, does that go towards our yearly profits and if it does has anyone seen any info on the potential profit margins?

Manchester cound never rival London in any economical aspect regardless of either a Conservative Government or Labour Government investing in Manchester properly and fairly, which neither will ever do.
This is true London has a larger GDP than lots of countries

“With a gross value added of $546.4 billion, London’s economy would be roughly equal in size to that of Sweden, and would be the 22nd largest in the world”

I don't have a car but just accept that it takes me longer to get to and from the Ethiad. The positives are I don't have to worry about parking, having a drink, concerns my car is going to be broken into, etc. How many of the 30% could use public transport but choose not to because they have always driven to the game. I walk half an hour to the tram and then tram to the Ethiad. Going back I walk to Piccadilly and get a train. The train station is 15 mins walk to my house.
I use the car because the alternatives are not feasible My last train on a night match is too late Public transport in the Uk with the exception of London is not fit for purpose

“With a gross value added of $546.4 billion, London’s economy would be roughly equal in size to that of Sweden, and would be the 22nd largest in the world”
But only because of geography which means it houses the City of London and the entire financial sector. Virtually all investment goes into London. Lots of money flows into and out of banks but ends up boosting the wealth of speculators. It doesn’t trickle out to the regions.GDP is meaningless as a measure of wealth which is why politicians hide behind it.

But only because of geography which means it houses the City of London and the entire financial sector. Virtually all investment goes into London. Lots of money flows into and out of banks but ends up boosting the wealth of speculators. It doesn’t trickle out to the regions.GDP is meaningless as a measure of wealth which is why politicians hide behind it.
We all know why, it doesn't change the fact

Sorry, but I'm a bitter manc. These countries probably have consistent transport policies and spending amongst other stuff that constitutes running a country properly whereas London is a leach that steals the best young minds, keeps the best jobs and is an integral part of the shit show that's going on. It feels to me like a cancer on the rest of the UK, but hey like I said, I'm a bitter manc.

Remember we were all given the opportunity to comment during the consultation period?

So we should all walk to/from town and/or use public transport? I'm sure there are many in my position, but to highlight why I drive to games. Because it's the only viable option.

On any given game, there are usually 3 of us travelling from Warrington. Ignoring fuel costs, it costs me £8 to park off-campus. Using public transport, the 3 of us would have to trek into Warrington (taxi or bus), get a train into Mcr (if the fuckers decide to turn up or there isn't a strike), then taxi/tram or walk to the stadium. On a good day, that's at least £60 between us and 90+ mins each way. By car it's typically half the time and it's door-to-door.

So glad I completed the questionnaire to have my points completely ignored.

Remember we were all given the opportunity to comment during the consultation period?

So we should all walk to/from town and/or use public transport? I'm sure there are many in my position, but to highlight why I drive to games. Because it's the only viable option.

On any given game, there are usually 3 of us travelling from Warrington. Ignoring fuel costs, it costs me £8 to park off-campus. Using public transport, the 3 of us would have to trek into Warrington (taxi or bus), get a train into Mcr (if the fuckers decide to turn up or there isn't a strike), then taxi/tram or walk to the stadium. On a good day, that's at least £60 between us and 90+ mins each way. By car it's typically half the time and it's door-to-door.

So glad I completed the questionnaire to have my points completely ignored.
If you're happy to continue driving then you have the option of Eccles (Ladywell P&R) and getting the tram straight in, probably get a seat too. That's just 2 zones so will cost you £10.50 for all 3 of you. Another option is Parkway P&R on the trafford line but you'd have to change trams midway. Or even the Trafford Centre is an option, but that's 3 zones so £12.90 total. Yes, you'll be facing a longer journey but we all are. I'm in GM and it's costing me £4.90 (4 zones) and I have to contend with trying to squeeze into an already congested tram in the centre of town, so think yourself lucky ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.