Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Some pertinent bits so far. 30% of supporters are travelling by car and will be impacted by this resident parking scheme!
View attachment 94329
The majority of supporters arrive by car and that figure has actually increased slightly in the period 2015 to 2019, and the numbers appear to have returned to those 2019 levels after covid.

The next slide suggests the next steps are to refine the transport surveys AFTER the completion of the North Stand to allow for a transport strategy to be developed.

View attachment 94331
I did note comments about trialling shuttle buses and also improving/promoting walking routes to Monsall and Central Park metro stops.

They’re looking to increase tram usage by 21% and bus usage by 9%. However I didn’t note any comments about the overcrowding that is happening every game so good luck finding room for those passengers.
80% arriving by road?

Last edited:
They don't own the land they own a lease on the land. So they have zero room to build a new stadium there without knocking down old toilet first

United do own large parcels of land around OT. They have bought the land up over the years. Apart from an annual income the land generates, it also stops property developers building buildings close to OT. If you remember, United put an objection in against Neville and Hotel football.

I don't know if United own the railway freight terminal land? But I do remember something about them having to share a stadium for a few years if they built a new stadium on the current OT site.

7E7C0078LR~2.jpg

Last edited:
And therein lies the problem. Getting there is less of an issue. Getting away on the tram is another story. The queue on Saturday was trailing all the way back to where it opens out around the stadium.
Many have suggested different solutions. What the answer is, lord only knows.
Perhaps priority given to elderly/disabled/ people with young kids /people using park and ride would be a good option?
It’s just a short walk to City centre for able bodied

Some pertinent bits so far. 30% of supporters are travelling by car and will be impacted by this resident parking scheme!
View attachment 94329
The majority of supporters arrive by car and that figure has actually increased slightly in the period 2015 to 2019, and the numbers appear to have returned to those 2019 levels after covid.

The next slide suggests the next steps are to refine the transport surveys AFTER the completion of the North Stand to allow for a transport strategy to be developed.

View attachment 94331
I did note comments about trialling shuttle buses and also improving/promoting walking routes to Monsall and Central Park metro stops.

They’re looking to increase tram usage by 21% and bus usage by 9%. However I didn’t note any comments about the overcrowding that is happening every game so good luck finding room for those passengers.
I really think Premier League clubs should work with local councils to offer free public transport with a match ticket (like in Germany).

No reason City and Andy Burnham can't be leaders in this area with our 'bee network'.

Get back on topic fellows, privatisation ruined this country years ago ! Let's concentrate on what the sites name is, wether we get better transport links or not in 3 years will have 7k extra fans at games an 30k plus at the arena events so we'll just have to suck it up ! It wasn't that long ago folks were complaining that nothing has happening on the collar site but I suppose you can't please everyone ! The parking restrictions probably had to be put in place to enable planning permission to get the go ahead .
Why would parking restrictions be required on industrial land?

United do own large parcels of land around OT. They have bought the land up over the years. Apart from an annual income the land generates, it also stops property developers building buildings close to OT. If you remember, United put an objection in against Neville and Hotel football.

I don't know if United own the railway freight terminal land? But I do remember something about them having to share a stadium for a few years if they built a new stadium on the current OT site.

View attachment 94623
22d4f52027bf667aaaa6761d17607171.jpg

View attachment 94623
A view from Adolfs bombers…

And therein lies the problem. Getting there is less of an issue. Getting away on the tram is another story. The queue on Saturday was trailing all the way back to where it opens out around the stadium.
Many have suggested different solutions. What the answer is, lord only knows.
Ultimately, we will never have enough capacity on the Metrolink to offer a quick departure from the Etihad.

Shuttle buses could help if they were subsidised. Better walking routes (and information letting people in the queue know it's quicker to walk to Picc than to wait).

The club are hoping that the new facilities will keep fans around the stadium for longer (people will go for a meal or a drink after the game).

We as fans need to adjust too though. If you're going to a major event with the 50/60k people in attendance, obviously there is going to be traffic and queues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.