Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I really think Premier League clubs should work with local councils to offer free public transport with a match ticket (like in Germany).

No reason City and Andy Burnham can't be leaders in this area with our 'bee network'.

Its the central German government and the publicly owned train network that drive that deal.

Thats just the start, the whole stadium is going to get the same upgrade.

its absolutely mega mate and when its gets the external wrap is going to be the best all round stadium in the world! The next phase of domination has started and the rest wont know whats hit them

I wouldn’t put it past Burnham to offer free transport weekends to publicise the bee network once all the buses are under its wing but actually you raise a good point. The club already offer a metrolink ticket usable on matchdays, so it should be possible to extend that to buses once they’re all bee networked. I’d be interested in a subsidised day ticket (say, a fiver?), just tram only doesn’t work for me.

I do hope they have something planned.
Exactly the same as me - If I want to get from my house in Urmston to the Etihad without getting dropped off anywhere, I'd have to get a bus to the Trafford Centre (I reckon all in would take around 90 mins there) or a bus to the train station, get to picc and either walk or get another bus - currently it would cost over a tenner for me to get there doing that.

It's miles cheaper and much more convenient for me, my brother and my dad to jump in the car together and pay a tenner for parking.

Correct.

If Take That were playing 5 concerts at the Etihad stadium, there wouldn't be any piss taking.

It won't be long before the likes of Ed Sheeran and younger artists and bands are signed up by the Coop Live Arena.

The arena it's built yet. Give it a chance before condemning it.

I'm not condemming the arena, just the choice of artists....just not my cup of tea, especially tax dodging take twat.

However, here we are 6 months from opening and still no coherent transport policy is in place. The first clash between the AO and the Etihad will result in Metrolink carnage.

Reactions: jrb
I'm not going to get into a spat with you because I don't know what specific parcels of land United have bought and own around old Trafford. Shown in the map below?

MUEN.

Manchester United owners the Glazer family have been steadily buying up land around Old Trafford since taking ownership of the club in 2005.

At a cost of millions of pounds, the Americans have carried out a sustained and targeted campaign to take control of surrounding real estate, which could provide future development opportunities.

United spent £8.2m buying up land in 2011.

Can't link the PDF.

Trafford Council.

MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB PLANNING POLICY VISION

MUFC would welcome an open approach to the allocation of land within this area at this stage.

View attachment 94634

View attachment 94635

Unless United are bought by the Qataris they will never match or better the investment Sheikh Mansour has made in City and in Manchester.

Fuck them, anyway.
There's no spat to be had. Someone posted the plots of land they've bought and it was proved they've actually only bought leaseholds https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/security-fears-prompt-man-utd-to-buy-industrial-estate/ The only land pacel that they actually own that is big enough for a stadium is the stadium land itself.

I'm not condemming the arena, just the choice of artists....just not my cup of tea, especially tax dodging take twat.

However, here we are 6 months from opening and still no coherent transport policy is in place. The first clash between the AO and the Etihad will result in Metrolink carnage.
This is the point. Despite years of advance notice nothing seems to have been put in place. Not even the car parking plans. It seems that we are totally incapable of providing a decent transport network anywhere in the UK (outside London). When it comes to infrastructure the country is a laughing stock.
I am looking forward to my impending trips to Germany and Switzerland to watch City because I know I will be visiting modernised well-run countries (certainly in terms of transport). But at he same time I will be ashamed to see how far ahead of us these countries are. Leipzig is much smaller than Manchester but has a fantastic cheap integrated transport network including buses (till 3.30am); trams, subway, regional, and national trains.

My fault. I should have worded it better. I accept your point. I'm certainly not a Take That fan. Groups like Take That, even though they are getting on a bit, will still sell out arenas and stadiums.

My fault. I should have worded it better. I accept your point. I'm certainly not a Take That fan. Groups like Take That, even though they are getting on a bit, will still sell out arenas and stadiums.
Some bizarre posts on here about the acts being booked for the Co Op.

Like any Arena around the world there will be a big mix of artists. Any artist that can shift 24k tickets will book.

Already they have announced a gig for 78 year old Eric Clapton - and 2 nights by 20 year old Olivia Rodrigo.

No point moaning if they acts aren’t your taste - there will acts of every age and genre booked.

This is the point. Despite years of advance notice nothing seems to have been put in place. Not even the car parking plans. It seems that we are totally incapable of providing a decent transport network anywhere in the UK (outside London). When it comes to infrastructure the country is a laughing stock.
I am looking forward to my impending trips to Germany and Switzerland to watch City because I know I will be visiting modernised well-run countries (certainly in terms of transport). But at he same time I will be ashamed to see how far ahead of us these countries are. Leipzig is much smaller than Manchester but has a fantastic cheap integrated transport network including buses (till 3.30am); trams, subway, regional, and national trains.
Who were on strike last time we went

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.