Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

United do own large parcels of land around OT. They have bought the land up over the years. Apart from an annual income the land generates, it also stops property developers building buildings close to OT. If you remember, United put an objection in against Neville and Hotel football.

I don't know if United own the railway freight terminal land? But I do remember something about them having to share a stadium for a few years if they built a new stadium on the current OT site.

View attachment 94623
It's been discussed before and they don't own the land they own leases of the land which is two different things

Don’t forget Barry Garlow is still paying back his “dodged tax”, someone has got to pay for it and it sure as shit won’t be him, he will be on tour till he drops, I am surprised Lorraine Kelly isn’t on the undercard
So that's why he is working for P & O

I really think Premier League clubs should work with local councils to offer free public transport with a match ticket (like in Germany).

No reason City and Andy Burnham can't be leaders in this area with our 'bee network'.
I wouldn’t put it past Burnham to offer free transport weekends to publicise the bee network once all the buses are under its wing but actually you raise a good point. The club already offer a metrolink ticket usable on matchdays, so it should be possible to extend that to buses once they’re all bee networked. I’d be interested in a subsidised day ticket (say, a fiver?), just tram only doesn’t work for me.

I do hope they have something planned.

Ultimately, we will never have enough capacity on the Metrolink to offer a quick departure from the Etihad.

Shuttle buses could help if they were subsidised. Better walking routes (and information letting people in the queue know it's quicker to walk to Picc than to wait).

The club are hoping that the new facilities will keep fans around the stadium for longer (people will go for a meal or a drink after the game).

We as fans need to adjust too though. If you're going to a major event with the 50/60k people in attendance, obviously there is going to be traffic and queues.
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I walked to Central Park on Saturday and it didn’t seem too bad. Caught the tram back into Victoria then up to Bury. I was surprised I only saw two other fans doing this. Not sure it’s any quicker, and it wouldn’t be nice in the rain, or at night, but I can’t stand queuing.

I wouldn’t put it past Burnham to offer free transport weekends to publicise the bee network once all the buses are under its wing but actually you raise a good point. The club already offer a metrolink ticket usable on matchdays, so it should be possible to extend that to buses once they’re all bee networked. I’d be interested in a subsidised day ticket (say, a fiver?), just tram only doesn’t work for me.

I do hope they have something planned.
An any bus day ticket is already a 5er

It's been discussed before and they don't own the land they own leases of the land which is two different things

I'm not going to get into a spat with you because I don't know what specific parcels of land United have bought and own around old Trafford. Shown in the map below?

MUEN.

Manchester United owners the Glazer family have been steadily buying up land around Old Trafford since taking ownership of the club in 2005.

At a cost of millions of pounds, the Americans have carried out a sustained and targeted campaign to take control of surrounding real estate, which could provide future development opportunities.

United spent £8.2m buying up land in 2011.

Can't link the PDF.

Trafford Council.

MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB PLANNING POLICY VISION

MUFC would welcome an open approach to the allocation of land within this area at this stage.

Screenshot_20230929-132949~2.png

Screenshot_20230929-132827~2.png

Unless United are bought by the Qataris they will never match or better the investment Sheikh Mansour has made in City and in Manchester.

Fuck them, anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.