Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

When you’re inside the bowl of our stadium, it’s lovely. The concourses have really come on over the years n’all.

But for what is now the world’s leading sporting club, the outside of the stadium and surrounding grounds of our stadium are bloody ugly.

There are a few shots later on in that video where he’s at the other end of the ground to the construction end, and it looks as done-in and scruffy as the end that’s just had a load of demolition done to it.

View attachment 95489
View attachment 95490

And what a waste of space that car park out the back of the East Stand is (as well as where the old Mercedes garage is over the other side).

Considering what we all have been speculating for what would be built around our stadium for the last 15 years since the takeover (that original thread was the reason I started reading bluemoon-mcfc), I imagined things would have moved a lot faster, on a grander scale and much more high class than they have with regards to the surrounding grounds.

Looking forward to 2025 when the arena and the North Stand have all been completed. It will feel like it’s all starting to get moving around the outside of the stadium then. I wonder what the next 15 years will hold for the area around the stadium after that?
Totally agree, internally the stadium is magnificent , the exterior is shocking and not befitting the club.

Totally agree, internally the stadium is magnificent , the exterior is shocking and not befitting the club.
Think that Danny Wilson met with 1894 group a while back and said once the North Stand work is finished the plan is to upgrade the outside of the stadium and surrounding area ! Also wouldn't make any sense starting it till the new build is finished !

Think that Danny Wilson met with 1894 group a while back and said once the North Stand work is finished the plan is to upgrade the outside of the stadium and surrounding area ! Also wouldn't make any sense starting it till the new build is finished !
I understand that but general maintenance like keeping the place clean and tidy would make a huge difference.

View attachment 95495
View attachment 95497
Both drawings shows what is planned for the site , I am guessing that number 2 in a multi-strorey car park the same as what is getting built in Poland Street in Ancoats

Not a got a clue what 3 and 4 are , there are also parcels of land where the gas containors are and at other side of the Telsa garage that could be devloped.

I agree with the point raised above that something could have been done with the Telsa garage
They must have plans in place for it to be on drawings. Take it it’s not to do with the museum or club shop ? Also looks like new building behind stadium on the left

Clearly you do not sit in ESL3 if you think internally the stadium is magnificent, the concourse is awful
The bottom tier is okay, it was much better before tunnel club when you could walk around it and meet the Moonies though. The upper tiers have a lot less space and options.

Clearly you do not sit in ESL3 if you think internally the stadium is magnificent, the concourse is awful
The most recent part of the stadium is SS3 & the layout and finish of the concourse is basic to say the least. It doesn't particularly bother me but I think a lot of people will be very disappointed if the new North Stand is similar.

The most recent part of the stadium is SS3 & the layout and finish of the concourse is basic to say the least. It doesn't particularly bother me but I think a lot of people will be very disappointed if the new North Stand is similar.
I think if you look at SS level 1 and the new bar area at 115 then it shows what can be done with the right space. It’s buzzing in there on match days and easy to get a drink, plenty of space to stand around and for me, it’s been a revelation to the match day experience compared to what we had there previously.

If that’s the kind of thing they are going for in the the new NS but on a much bigger and better scale, then I think it will be fantastic and people will love it.

When you’re inside the bowl of our stadium, it’s lovely. The concourses have really come on over the years n’all.

But for what is now the world’s leading sporting club, the outside of the stadium and surrounding grounds of our stadium are bloody ugly.

There are a few shots later on in that video where he’s at the other end of the ground to the construction end, and it looks as done-in and scruffy as the end that’s just had a load of demolition done to it.

View attachment 95489
View attachment 95490

And what a waste of space that car park out the back of the East Stand is (as well as where the old Mercedes garage is over the other side).

Considering what we all have been speculating for what would be built around our stadium for the last 15 years since the takeover (that original thread was the reason I started reading bluemoon-mcfc), I imagined things would have moved a lot faster, on a grander scale and much more high class than they have with regards to the surrounding grounds.

Looking forward to 2025 when the arena and the North Stand have all been completed. It will feel like it’s all starting to get moving around the outside of the stadium then. I wonder what the next 15 years will hold for the area around the stadium after that?

Glory hunter ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.