Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Why as this thread gone so far off topic???
Exactly It started with the first reply which actually acknowledge it wasn't related the the title despite the OP asking to keep on topic
We have three threads discussing stadiums and their expansion two for Etihad

A bit dated. I'll try and find figures that are more up to date.

Hotel occupancy figures January 2023.

According to data by STR, a division of CoStar Group

Manchester saw hotel occupancy in January 2023 top 68.5 per cent – 1.3 per cent more than January 2020 with occupancy at 67.2 per cent.

Furthermore, Manchester hotels saw revenue per available room (RevPAR), a metric which helps measure the overall success of a hotel, jump 18 per cent to £43.47 to £51.10.

With football, the Coop Live Arena, conferences, events, tourist and visitor weekend stay overs (not football or music related), etc, the hotel should do very well.

I have to be honest, I'm looking forward to doing the skywalk. I just hope it isn't dependent on booking a hotel room or a hospitality package, and it is open to anyone, booking in advance on or not on a match day.

Last edited:
Predictable, if not savvy, filling the new arena via Mancunian singers and bands.

Liam Gallagher just announced. Hav it!!

@jrb with you knowing Manchester with your work on SSC what would you build to make the Collar Site a destination 7 days a week

That’s a tough one, Lexstar.

Manchester Therme would have been great, but the site is already cleared and construction is set to begin this year (hopefully?) opposite the Trafford Centre.

It depends what the plans are now for the Collar site. It wouldn’t surprise me if CFG and OVG teamed up again to deliver a leisure destination, if that’s still the plan? Or if CFG and MCC teamed up and delivered a mixed used development of housing(residential towers and mid-rise residential blocks), offices, leisure and retail.

That’s a tough one, Lexstar.

Manchester Therme would have been great, but the site is already cleared and construction is set to begin this year (hopefully?) opposite the Trafford Centre.

It depends what the plans are now for the Collar site. It wouldn’t surprise me if CFG and OVG teamed up again to deliver a leisure destination, if that’s still the plan? Or if CFG and MCC teamed up and delivered a mixed used development of housing(residential towers and mid-rise residential blocks), offices, leisure and retail.
I'd love the Medlock to be de-culverted from under the car park in any plans if it's possible. It would fit well with the work at Mayfield and Clayton Vale.

@jrb It seems the company the guy that owns OVG has connections everywhere, he is working with MSG the people behind the MSG Sphere

It depends on what the plans are now for the Collar site. It wouldn’t surprise me if CFG and OVG teamed up again to deliver a leisure destination if that’s still the plan. Or if CFG and MCC teamed up and delivered a mixed-use development of housing(residential towers and mid-rise residential blocks), offices, leisure and retail.

If you look at the council docs for the area they want mixed-use, I can see a copy of Wembley but on a smaller scale

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.