Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

There was still standing into the 90's far more enjoyable experience than sitting on your arse imo. Did you ever stand on the Kippax?
Of course I did. Next to the away fans. We've got what is proposed already only better because there's a seat there.

This is the problem with the rail seating. Those who want it think it's the terrace coming back. It isn't. What I liked about the Kippax is never coming back

6 blocks in SS lower are standing. 3 blocks in the Kippax corner are standing. That’s the whole lower tier of the NS in the future The rest of the stadium can sit.

If City make the NS expansion all safe standing, and offer City fans cheap,safe standing season tickets, they will fly out.

Do you really think the club would get permission to create an 8000 rail seat end when we have had government enforcing all seater stadia for decades?

It's not happening. A limited trial is far more realistic.

Of course I did. Next to the away fans. We've got what is proposed already only better because there's a seat there.

This is the problem with the rail seating. Those who want it think it's the terrace coming back. It isn't. What I liked about the Kippax is never coming back

Why's it better to have a seat there? And I don't believe anyone really thinks the old terrace's are coming back.

If the expanded NS is all safe standing, that still leaves 3 stands with seating. Roughly 45,000 seats. 15,000 safe standing seats. 3000 away seats. 63,000 seats. There will be plenty of seats and choice for City fans who would prefer to sit.(in peace and quiet)

Reactions: Itd
Do you really think the club would get permission to create an 8000 rail seat end when we have had government enforcing all seater stadia for decades?

It's not happening. A limited trial is far more realistic.

You obviously know more than the club and other people who have been campaigning for safe standing. Can you tell us your source? The PL clubs have voted for safe standing. The wheels are now firmly in motion. The Government and the new Minister for Sport may try and stall the safe standing debate with more reports, etc, but it will happen. Fans, clubs, and the PL are now on-board. Tracey Crouch, the previous Minister of Sport, who did her best to oppose safe standing, and blocked it, resigned at the beginning of November.

You obviously know more than the club and other people who have been campaigning for safe standing. Can you tell us your source? The PL clubs have voted for safe standing. The wheels are now firmly in motion. The Government and the new Minister for Sport may try and stall the safe standing debate with more reports, etc, but it will happen. Fans, clubs, and the PL are now on-board. Tracey Crouch, the previous Minister of Sport, who did her best to oppose safe standing, and blocked it, resigned at the beginning of November.

It's an opinion. Yours is different....these things happen.

Rail seating options from the email. Screen grabbed.

My first thoughts were that these safe standing season ticket prices *aren’t value for money*, and they won’t attract new fans. They are pretty much on par with what we are already paying. The general consensus is that safe standing seats and season tickets should be cheaper than normal seats and season tickets. Maybe the club are hoping and expecting that the novelty of safe standing will be enough for the fans to part with their money at those prices? Those aren’t. I’m concerned that City aren’t listening again to what the fans want. And are putting profit and revenue before a full,stadium and cheaper season tickets.

0135427-D-BC23-4-A71-9113-944-E2-D249-C71.png

242-BAC21-CD85-4-FF1-88-A5-BA3420966053.png

3-D78-FADF-CD2-C-47-BC-8-C6-A-E37-D2-E1-F1989.png

51-FC207-B-6339-45-EE-83-EE-604-F8-FD1-A3-D4.png

5412574-B-95-C7-4963-915-C-1-B877-DC7-CCA1.png

D0-FC1-E5-C-8485-4-BA9-A1-A8-38649257-AE35.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.