Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I would be happy if you are right but with the proviso that my seat stays as it is.
Me too. I just want the ground full and City fans singing but it worries me a bit that a lot of people have got their hopes invested in this when I don't think it will have anything like the impact they think.

They are. But we need the majority of City fans to be for this so the club take it forward.

I think they will.

It will boil down to what options and configuration they pick.

Personally I’d like to see 2 ends with safe standing. Both lower tiers. Or 1 Full NS, both tiers, of safe standing.

I’d sacrifice a level 1 north stand standing section if it meant we could have the entire level 2 section standing. Level 1 is not big enough imo. Everton, spurs and others are all getting kop stands. I think it would be a huge opportunity missed.

Get the 1894 group at the front of a full standing second tier, with the roof above aswell

If the expanded NS is all safe standing, that still leaves 3 stands with seating. Roughly 45,000 seats. 15,000 safe standing seats. 3000 away seats. 63,000 seats. There will be plenty of seats and choice for City fans who would prefer to sit.(in peace and quiet)

That has just totally pissed me off and as for your drum, if they ever sit/stand next to me, they will be wearing it like a neckless...

The Rags moving their singing section back to the Stratford End.

1200 seats in the current family stand.

Current family stand United fans will have the option to stay or relocate to other parts of the ground.

Don’t see how that can work unless there are lot’s available matchday seats in the family stand, and the majority of current family stand seat holders move en-masse.

MEN.

Following on from that the club have decided to push for a new area in the Stretford End where 1,200 seats will be released in the current family stand which will be given to fans who want to be part of a dedicated singing section. Current season ticket holders in the section will be given the option to stay in their seats or moved to alternative seating in the stadium. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-stretford-end-changes-15483543

Do you really think the club would get permission to create an 8000 rail seat end when we have had government enforcing all seater stadia for decades?

It's not happening. A limited trial is far more realistic.

Spurs' new stadium has rail seating, obviously City are planning on building the north stand with it, Chelsea a new Stamford bridge plans include it, Liverpool have contacted the fans about it.

Its clear that all of the major premier league clubs are preparing for safe standing to be allowed in the near future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.