Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Spurs' new stadium has rail seating, obviously City are planning on building the north stand with it, Chelsea a new Stamford bridge plans include it, Liverpool have contacted the fans about it.

Its clear that all of the major premier league clubs are preparing for safe standing to be allowed in the near future.

This is what I thought.

Feels like they already pretty much know.

That has just totally pissed me off and as for your drum, if they ever sit/stand next to me, they will be wearing it like a neckless...

Of course I would. Give it a rest, FFS!

Fans who prefer to sit would rather watch the match in peace and quiet until there is a moment in the game that get's them off their seat, such as an incident or a goal.

They don't want a knob like me with a drum or a megaphone distrubing them. Shove me in the proposed 1894 safe standing block, out of the way, surrounded by like minded City fans, where we can make as much noise as we want without pissing other City fans off. Happy?

There's always one ten Men/keyboard warrior on Blue Moon. Why?

Fans who prefer to sit would rather watch the match in peace and quiet until there is a moment in the game that get's them off their seat, such as an incident or a goal.

They don't want a knob like me with a drum or a megaphone distrubing them. Shove me in the proposed 1894 safe standing block, out of the way, surrounded by like minded City fans, where we can make as much noise as we want without pissing other City fans off. Happy?

Human nature mate :-)

The Rags moving their singing section back to the Stratford End.

1200 seats in the current family stand.

Current family stand United fans will have the option to stay or relocate to other parts of the ground.

Don’t see how that can work unless there are lot’s available matchday seats in the family stand, and the majority of current family stand seat holders move en-masse.

MEN.

Following on from that the club have decided to push for a new area in the Stretford End where 1,200 seats will be released in the current family stand which will be given to fans who want to be part of a dedicated singing section. Current season ticket holders in the section will be given the option to stay in their seats or moved to alternative seating in the stadium. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-stretford-end-changes-15483543

Shame they've got fuck all to sing about, ha!

There's probably a separate debate to be had about what, if any, type of organised singing / chanting should be allowed in the new NS (or elsewhere for that matter).

I'm in SS3 & even though I'm in my 60s I'm more than happy to join in singing and so on. At times SS3 is absolutely rocking and to me that's great as it's entirely spontaneous. What I don't like is the continental organised groups with drums, megaphones etc and I don't think it sits well with average English football fans. The fact is if these are allowed in the North Stand then not only will a lot of people in there not like it but adjacent areas in CB & ES too.

My question would be why would a large end with safe standing need to be artificially pumped up to produce an atmosphere?

There's probably a separate debate to be had about what, if any, type of organised singing / chanting should be allowed in the new NS (or elsewhere for that matter).

I'm in SS3 & even though I'm in my 60s I'm more than happy to join in singing and so on. At times SS3 is absolutely rocking and to me that's great as it's entirely spontaneous. What I don't like is the continental organised groups with drums, megaphones etc and I don't think it sits well with average English football fans. The fact is if these are allowed in the North Stand then not only will a lot of people in there not like it but adjacent areas in CB & ES too.

My question would be why would a large end with safe standing need to be artificially pumped up to produce an atmosphere?

Lincoln City have two blocks allocated for a supporters group known as the 617 squadron. They have a drum and sing non-stop for 90 minutes winning or losing, the sit down lot are next to them and don’t mind and it gets the stadium absolutely rocking. People stand up and join in all over the stadium when there are moments of excitement, sing and add to the atmosphere then sit down again whilst those blocks stand up. People have started to filter closer if they want that in their game and the others go slightly further down the stand. No dramas.

The players love it and reference the atmosphere all the time, I don’t see how it could be a bad thing in a 60,000 stadium to inject some atmosphere and life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itd
Lincoln City have two blocks allocated for a supporters group known as the 617 squadron. They have a drum and sing non-stop for 90 minutes winning or losing, the sit down lot are next to them and don’t mind and it gets the stadium absolutely rocking. People stand up and join in all over the stadium when there are moments of excitement, sing and add to the atmosphere then sit down again whilst those blocks stand up. People have started to filter closer if they want that in there game and the others go slightly further down the stand. No dramas.

The players love it and reference the atmosphere all the time, I don’t see how it could be a bad thing in a 60,000 stadium to inject some atmosphere and life.

Like I said, there is a debate to be had. It's interesting that there aren't many drums and so on at bigger clubs as you cannot say it's only because its all seater currently. I'd say a large proportion of fans (no idea if a majority or not) would disapprove of an Ultras style group.

Lincoln City have two blocks allocated for a supporters group known as the 617 squadron. They have a drum and sing non-stop for 90 minutes winning or losing, the sit down lot are next to them and don’t mind and it gets the stadium absolutely rocking. People stand up and join in all over the stadium when there are moments of excitement, sing and add to the atmosphere then sit down again whilst those blocks stand up. People have started to filter closer if they want that in there game and the others go slightly further down the stand. No dramas.

I think our main problem is the fact we dont have a song that can be continuously sang longer than a couple of minutes, we can go through the complete book in the first 10 mins.

I think our main problem is the fact we dont have a song that can be continuously sang longer than a couple of minutes, we can go through the complete book in the first 10 mins.

Reckon I could sing that Allez Allez Allez all day to be honest..

“Sterling won the double....”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.