Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I have no idea how many staff CFG and/or MCFC employ.

Whatever the number is, let’s say below the Executive level, and exclude Pep’s staff in total - how many of the remaining group.....

1 are football fans
2 are City fans
3 are regular match goers
4 have ever sung at a match
5 have ever experienced the Kippax
6 have any understanding of what fans want and why

You can have all the bright young minds with as many MBA’s as you like but how many of them actually “get City” ... I think, but don’t know, the answer is very few.

The Fan Forum thing might be a genuine attempt to plug the gap - I hope it is.

Take a look around .... and just BM itself if you like ... we provide feedback (aka moan) on all sorts of things - the web site, the ticket office, the security/stewards, food and drink, car park, ingress and egress, match day programmes, press relations and on and on ..... how many of them get addressed and does anyone in management take any notice. Does anyone in management show “they care”?

Meanwhile, as for the day job .... what a glorious football team we have ... what pleasure and thrills we are provided with every day .... how good is it to be a City fan, if you started in the fifties or the sixties or 2008 it’s all superb.

I don’t know who “the Pep” of world class infrastructure and back office management are but I wish we had them - or a plan to get them.

In the mean time it’s ... next game next 3 points - Come on City

City should tour all local Manchester and beyond offering free or £1 tickets to those ages 14 upwards who can legally go to the match on their own and sit together with their mates from school,give them freebies and nurture their interest in live football for teenagers,the club need to invest heavily in youth as they are potentially unlocking 50 plus years of support if the experience is good at that age.
When I was a kid Bury FC used to give out vouchers to schools to encourage kids to go,it worked as well

Its only an opinion this so don't jump on it, but......

Everybody seems to link 'safe standing' with cheaper tickets, but the club want to grow revenue, expanding the North Stand does that, but safe standing does not mean more people, and as many assume cheaper tickets (even if the government allow it - which they didn't with West Brom's application).

We might get rail seating, but its one person per seat, and each one takes up the same space as any other seat.

The only extra "cheap seats" will be at the back of any extension as happened in the SS3, where I doubt there will be rail seating.

Safe standing gives additional seats in the same area than normal seating. Not sure what the ratio is. Basically it means more seats are squeezed into the same area. Meaning City can make more money, depending on what they price the safe standing seats at. Hence why I'm bulking at the £580 quoted in the email. There's no reason why City can't pitch the safe standing season tickets at £299, which is the same as the cheapest season tickets currently on offer.

For me the main issue is getting singers into the safe standing area, rather than people who just want to go in there because the safe standing seats could be cheaper, but won't bother singing. If this happens then the NS safe standing section will be nothing more than a safe standing South Stand level 1.

Reactions: Itd
Me too. I just want the ground full and City fans singing but it worries me a bit that a lot of people have got their hopes invested in this when I don't think it will have anything like the impact they think.

Correct so they will shift the family stand redevelop the ground to allow the atmosphere to improve as now we have a singing end. God knows what the south stand is now then?

Roll on a season or two I guarantee there will be a thread on bluemoon created which states . Should we move the away fans nearer the singing section to improve the atmosphere?

Correct so they will shift the family stand redevelop the ground to allow the atmosphere to improve as now we have a singing end. God knows what the south stand is now then?

Roll on a season or two I guarantee there will be a thread on bluemoon created which states . Should we move the away fans nearer the singing section to improve the atmosphere?

If there is a new standing area, it will be populated by more singers imo, because many of the people who currently get in the way, stood with their arms folded, in the singing areas, will be put off by the idea of moving to an 'official' standing area & instead go in cheap seats elsewhere. The current seating arrangement was badly thought out from day one after the move from Maine Road & has led to this.

I have a good seat, great for seeing details of the game, but it's poor area for crowd involvement & even though I've been going for years, I'm still tempted to move, to a standing area & would join in the singing if I was there.

They have made a huge mistake, again, asking if the away fans should be there or not.

There are a group of people, for whom waving their arms at a fat Geordie, is as much fun as Aguero scoring. Let them mither the away fans & have a standing, singing area, at the other end.

That's how most football grounds have always been & it's only City, listening to the opinion of these tools, who have designed a ground where we have to hand our main support area, over to away fans ever cup game. This would be unthinkable at Liverpool or the swamp, but we listened to people saying they 'need' to be near the away fans, to generate atmosphere. They can still do that, if they want & they can sing from there, as well, if they want.

I understand that’s what the City Matters Group / Forum are already telling the Club. Anyway, that’s what I’ve read on the City Face Value Tickets Forum.

Safe standing gives additional seats in the same area than normal seating. Not sure what the ratio is. Basically it means more seats are squeezed into the same area.
Its not been approved here so you don't know, prety sure Celtics version was only allowed 1 for 1.

There's no reason why City can't pitch the safe standing season tickets at £299, which is the same as the cheapest season tickets currently on offer.
If they get approval, a big if, and it is 1 for 1, most likely in a lower tier, to make it £299 then they would be making already dearer tickets, cheaper, and under this regime that is not going to happen.

Safe standing gives additional seats in the same area than normal seating. Not sure what the ratio is. Basically it means more seats are squeezed into the same area. Meaning City can make more money, depending on what they price the safe standing seats at. Hence why I'm bulking at the £580 quoted in the email. There's no reason why City can't pitch the safe standing season tickets at £299, which is the same as the cheapest season tickets currently on offer.

For me the main issue is getting singers into the safe standing area, rather than people who just want to go in there because the safe standing seats could be cheaper, but won't bother singing. If this happens then the NS safe standing section will be nothing more than a safe standing South Stand level 1.

The ratio is 1 seat = 1 standing areas in other words no increase

The atmosphere at the stadium is currently absolutely awful and anyone who thinks a singing section needs to be next to the away fans just doesn’t get it.

At the moment there are City fans sat either side of the away fans and in the bottom tier these City fans are all stood up as well. Guess what? It’s quiet for the majority of the game.

Truth is, atmosphere isn’t about running to taunt the opposition fans every time we score.
Look at the Yellow Wall at Dortmund, the Kop and Stretford end back in the day. All these are the oppositite end of the away fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.