Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I think in Germany they have locks on the rail seating - so for some games is in the up position so everyone stands - (Bundesliga). And for European games the rail seating is locked into the seating position - so it’s harder to stand. Happy to be corrected but we may have a situation where we fit rail seating and it has to be used officially as seating for a time- but of course everyone will stand up.

It’s just like a normal seat when it’s unlocked and folds up when you stand up.

Everyone still stands in these sections when they’re in ‘seating mode’ even though they’re not really supposed to.

Safe standing is not currently permitted. I think what City might do is design an area in it which could be converted to safe-standing if legislation is changed.

It is possible to have 2 standing to 1 seating with rail seats, and they do this for league games in Germany and that would increase the capacity. I'd be in favour if it was 2 for 1 otherwise we might as well just stand in the seats.

This is what I just don't see at all. Was it WBA who were looking at safe standing the other year and they were working on the basis of exactly the same number of people as with seats. While you may get one or two extra I really can't imagine twice as many people stood in my row. We are not that friendly! I will try to envisage it this afternoon on the occasions we stand up but I would like to hear from someone who has genuine design experience in this field.

I don’t think it helps that the singing pockets we have around 115, 109, SSL3 and any others are all divided by the away fans and different tiers. It leads to disjointed songs, often 109 and 115 are singing totally different songs. If in the new NS they pull these pockets of people together into a single tier section it will have a positive impact.
Absolutely spot on. I think bringing all the singers together is the biggest problem, regardless of where they are and whether they are in safe standing/ rail seating.

An extract from: https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/safe-standing-qa-91188

How many people can you fit into a rail seating section in comparison to a conventional stand?
“There is no ‘one size fits all’ answer to that question. And there are many factors that can determine what the answer would be in each individual case. These include national regulations, the amount of space available between the rows of rail seats and the size of the stadium exits and concourses.

“In a country where the national regulations permit it and a stadium’s exits and concourses are large enough to handle the number of people concerned, you could be looking at as many as two people per seat space (in Hannover, for instance, 5,700 fans stand in an area of 3,000 rail seats).

“In the UK, however, seating rows tend not to be as deep as they are in, for example, Germany and in existing UK stadia the exits and concourses will have been designed to cope with no more people than the number of seats in the stand. In retrofit situations, therefore, achieving more than one person per seat may present a challenge – albeit not insurmountable.

“For new builds, however, the situation is different. Whether architects are designing a new stand or a whole stadium, it is clearly possible for them to design exits and concourses large enough to cope with more people than there are seats. This is precisely what Tottenham have done for the new White Hart Lane “with sections of the seating bowl designed to accommodate areas of safe standing if the current licensing regulations change” and potential built into the design for the 61,000 capacity to “increase by c 1800 were legislation to change and safe standing areas be approved.”

It does sound like it is possible that safe standing could lead to an increase in capacity but there are a number of steps required first:

1) Government legislation
2) Stadium design has to be configured in advance in such a way to make 2:1 possible (otherwise in my opinion no advantage - although others probably disagree)

I am sure any designer will be aware of this even if we are only vaguely familiar with issues.

Reactions: Itd
Here is an example of the seats used in a safe standing area these are the type that be locked up when standing is permitted

2jey8ec.jpg

Absolutely spot on. I think bringing all the singers together is the biggest problem, regardless of where they are and whether they are in safe standing/ rail seating.
Im in 115 near the front and there is always a good group of people who sing around there. However, for the Shaktar game i was in 109 and you could hardly hear 115 and tey were singing totally different songs. Its currently just totally disjointed and for the best will in the world its never going to work unless everyone is brought together.

Not even a fancy new stand would change the atmosphere today.

It's not the lay-out, it's not the acoustics, it's not the team.

Our fans leave a lot to be desired on quite a few occasions where many seem to think they just have to sit back and enjoy the show.

Not even a single section today were audible or could be seen even engaging.

The team needed us today and we were never there, kudos for them grinding it out.

Our fans leave a lot to be desired on quite a few occasions where many seem to think they just have to sit back and enjoy the show.

The team needed us today and we were never there, kudos for them grinding it out.

Second half was ok!

It's not new to us, Maine road was just as shocking at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.