Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Safe standing gives additional seats in the same area than normal seating. Not sure what the ratio is. Basically it means more seats are squeezed into the same area. Meaning City can make more money, depending on what they price the safe standing seats at. Hence why I'm bulking at the £580 quoted in the email. There's no reason why City can't pitch the safe standing season tickets at £299, which is the same as the cheapest season tickets currently on offer.

For me the main issue is getting singers into the safe standing area, rather than people who just want to go in there because the safe standing seats could be cheaper, but won't bother singing. If this happens then the NS safe standing section will be nothing more than a safe standing South Stand level 1.
Safe standing is not currently permitted. I think what City might do is design an area in it which could be converted to safe-standing if legislation is changed.

It is possible to have 2 standing to 1 seating with rail seats, and they do this for league games in Germany and that would increase the capacity. I'd be in favour if it was 2 for 1 otherwise we might as well just stand in the seats.

The atmosphere at the stadium is currently absolutely awful and anyone who thinks a singing section needs to be next to the away fans just doesn’t get it.

At the moment there are City fans sat either side of the away fans and in the bottom tier these City fans are all stood up as well. Guess what? It’s quiet for the majority of the game.

Truth is, atmosphere isn’t about running to taunt the opposition fans every time we score.
Look at the Yellow Wall at Dortmund, the Kop and Stretford end back in the day. All these are the oppositite end of the away fans.
That is true but in England those ends are quiet too. Old Trafford and Anfield can be dead. I don't think you can get a technical solution to this problem by changing the design of the stand. Pricing is probably the most significant thing that clubs can change but will clubs be prepared to set aside an area for match by match sales and queueing on the day? Unreserved seating. It would often be empty in my opinion, and it would need to be significant in size to work.

We should really be discussing what City are licensed currently to do. What is the point of saying fans want this, and then club looking at it and saying OK well we know the fans want this, but we can't do that because the legislation does not permit this.

The atmosphere at the stadium is currently absolutely awful and anyone who thinks a singing section needs to be next to the away fans just doesn’t get it.

At the moment there are City fans sat either side of the away fans and in the bottom tier these City fans are all stood up as well. Guess what? It’s quiet for the majority of the game.

Truth is, atmosphere isn’t about running to taunt the opposition fans every time we score.
Look at the Yellow Wall at Dortmund, the Kop and Stretford end back in the day. All these are the oppositite end of the away fans.

Spot on. The idea we need away fans to create noise is a complete myth. We are outsung most weeks, whether it’s a full away section or not - Lyon being an example of that.

As you say the fans next to the away fans don’t don’t sing as it is. I’d keep what we have now, but also create the home end that we need in the north stand.

Pretty much every other club has a home end and most are planning to build one aswell.

Safe standing is not currently permitted. I think what City might do is design an area in it which could be converted to safe-standing if legislation is changed.

It is possible to have 2 standing to 1 seating with rail seats, and they do this for league games in Germany and that would increase the capacity. I'd be in favour if it was 2 for 1 otherwise we might as well just stand in the seats.

Correct.

But standing is.(not permitted) But they turn a nlind eye to it. Folly. Madness. Politically motivated. Out of date. Etc.

But there is a possibility safe standing could be introduced by the time the NS is built in 2-3 years, if that is a possible time scale?

I don't think the club would want to shell out twice to get the seating altered if they redeveloped the NS first, and then safe standing was introduced at a later date.

Correct.

But standing is.(not permitted) But they turn a nlind eye to it. Folly. Madness. Politically motivated. Out of date. Etc.

But there is a possibility safe standing could be introduced by the time the NS is built in 2-3 years, if that is a possible time scale?

I don't think the club would want to shell out twice to get the seating altered if they redeveloped the NS first, and then safe standing was introduced at a later date.

I think in Germany they have locks on the rail seating - so for some games is in the up position so everyone stands - (Bundesliga). And for European games the rail seating is locked into the seating position - so it’s harder to stand. Happy to be corrected but we may have a situation where we fit rail seating and it has to be used officially as seating for a time- but of course everyone will stand up.

Spot on. The idea we need away fans to create noise is a complete myth. We are outsung most weeks, whether it’s a full away section or not - Lyon being an example of that.

As you say the fans next to the away fans don’t don’t sing as it is. I’d keep what we have now, but also create the home end that we need in the north stand.

Pretty much every other club has a home end and most are planning to build one aswell.
I don’t think it helps that the singing pockets we have around 115, 109, SSL3 and any others are all divided by the away fans and different tiers. It leads to disjointed songs, often 109 and 115 are singing totally different songs. If in the new NS they pull these pockets of people together into a single tier section it will have a positive impact.

The key words in your thread is “back in the day” . Football is very different now and the kop and Stretford end are not rocking like they were back in the day.

The key words in your thread is “back in the day” . Football is very different now and the kop and Stretford end are not rocking like they were back in the day.

Still better than what we have with the latter. Dortmund is still absolutely amazing though.

We have a support spread thin over three different tiers with a corporate section bang in the middle.

The question is do you need to be next to the away fans to create an atmosphere and that answer is clearly no.

Maybe I’m different than you but atmosphere is making noise and singing your support for City throughout the match. Maybe you think it’s about running the the away fans, goading and telling them to **** off after each goal?

Still better than what we have with the latter. Dortmund is still absolutely amazing though.

We have a support spread thin over three different tiers with a corporate section bang in the middle.

The question is do you need to be next to the away fans to create an atmosphere and that answer is clearly no.

Maybe I’m different than you but atmosphere is making noise and singing your support for City throughout the match. Maybe you think it’s about running the the away fans, goading and telling them to **** off after each goal?

I guess palace have the most vocal support at home , where are the away fans relative to them. Genuine question as I don’t know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.